Inside

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Re: Inside

Post by Ironsmith »

[The Tall Grass]

"Maybe, if we act fast-" Arthfael begins.

scrunch

"...No." Arthfael corrects, at the sound of an unfortunate lagomorph being swallowed. "That was the off switch."

chktktktktkt~ The skittering sound continues, rolling off to their left somewhere.

"If I hadn't already used up Azure Phoenix, I could fly us out of here." Arthfael adds, running his hands together. "Maybe we could get on Wolf and he could sprint-"

"Why are you talking like we're going to run?" Peekay demands. "You really want to leave these two out where someone else will have to deal with them?"

"Yeah, that's sounding pretty illogical, you absolute moron." The corpulent knight offers.

"What's the alternative? We can't beat them like this."
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.

Tags:
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[The Tall Grass]

"Yeah, nah, I don't do running away," Khannie says as she grips the handles on her grenade and pulls them apart, causing the device to light up. Then she gives it a twist, the interior igniting with bitter darkness rimed in purple flame. "I stand and fight."

Then she shoves the two halves back together again and lobs the device in the direction of the centipede sounds.

What results shortly there after is a ghostly explosion of darkness that pulverizes the grass like a weed-whacker.

Which, frankly, should probably have been done to begin with.

Tall grass is dangerous!

You never know what might be lurking in there.

The detonation of Bitter Malice rends the spirit and freezes the mind, leaving the target's ability to use many supernatural abilities crippled. Here's hoping Khannie's aim was true. Though given how big that blast was she doesn't have to be THAT accurate.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Hospital Waiting Room]

Thariza looks between everyone present. More people than she expected here. And this tiny woman is... the other child's mother? But she doesn't even look pregnant.

"I thought there was only going to be one child," she says.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Rebonack wrote: Nov 10, 2022 7:35 pm [The Tall Grass]

"Yeah, nah, I don't do running away," Khannie says as she grips the handles on her grenade and pulls them apart, causing the device to light up. Then she gives it a twist, the interior igniting with bitter darkness rimed in purple flame. "I stand and fight."

Then she shoves the two halves back together again and lobs the device in the direction of the centipede sounds.

What results shortly there after is a ghostly explosion of darkness that pulverizes the grass like a weed-whacker.

Which, frankly, should probably have been done to begin with.

Tall grass is dangerous!

You never know what might be lurking in there.

The detonation of Bitter Malice rends the spirit and freezes the mind, leaving the target's ability to use many supernatural abilities crippled. Here's hoping Khannie's aim was true. Though given how big that blast was she doesn't have to be THAT accurate.
[The Tall Grass]

BWOOM!

Arthfael starts as the grenade detonates, taking out a healthy chunk of grass with it. There's a clamor of panicked cries coming from there, as various wild pokemon are suddenly displaced, injured, or simply frightened by the explosion.

But, pointedly, no more clicking.

It might occur to Khannie that, since she's dealing with a malevolent spirit, the Bitter Malice may have simply destroyed it outright. Rending the soul of a being that is just a soul, and a small one at that, is probably fatal to it.

But how will she know for sure?

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[The Tall Grass]

Most of the pokemon in here are normal types anyway. Rats and birds and raccoons and whatever. Bitter Malice probably just started most of them. Though any nidorans probably had a bad time. That part Khannie is a bit less worried about since pokemon are notoriously tough, damage and injury usually resulting in them being unable to fight rather than dead.

Unless killing and eating IS the intent.

Regardless!

Khannie draws her baton and extends it with a flick, getting ready to launch a sucker punch just in case the centipede jumps her while she's retrieving her grenade. "What's this guy's deal, anyway? Psychic type stuff?" she asks as her eyes rove over the intact grass. Carefully she bends down to grab the expended weapon.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[The Tall Grass]

"...Y-yeah. Something like that, at least." Arthfael winces, standing back from the grass Khannie's investigating. "It just won't get out of my head. I-"

hishp!

The grass near Khannie's wrist suddenly flicks to life, seeming to grow a set of fangs out of nowhere to make an attempt at biting her. If it succeeds, she'll find herself wrenched through the air, bodily flung away from the summons, and on top of that, she'll get the oh-so-pleasant feeling of something burning inside of her arm, near the bite.

Either way, she'll be able to make out the reptilian, wedge-shaped head of some sort of large viper before it retreats back into the grass, out of sight.

Meanwhile, her expended grenade will yoink itself in the opposite direction, before stopping midair and exploding. Not in the sense that it's supposed to. In the sense that it is now a set of disassembled parts, scattered over a fifteen-foot radius.

Did you really think I wouldn't see a trick like that coming, little girl?

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Rebonack wrote: Nov 06, 2022 10:51 pm [Market Street Mayhem]

Too bad Khannie won't have a particularly great view of the fight given that she's pretty banged up from getting clobbered a couple times. Really, getting kicked around isn't any fun at all. She'll he able to recover a bit, sure, but she didn't bother to bring any restorative stuff with her! This was supposed to be a dumb shopping trip, not a crazy digimon fight!

Maybe she should just assume every outing will inevitably turn into a zany adventure.

Sirius comes charging out of their hiding place and comes almost nose to nose with his dark and edgy foe! The pointy, dark colored creature doesn't look very happy to see him at all. "What!? How did you- Ah, who cares. You're going to get destroyed anyway!"

Wuh oh he's charging one of those nasty dark fire attacks again!
Market Street Mayhem

"You clearly don't understand the power of TRUST and JUSTICE!" Sirius shouts, not slowing down at all as he charges straight in at the creature. He ignores its charging attack and immediately moves in, claws flashing as they fly at the edgy dinosaur.
Shadowcaller wrote: Nov 07, 2022 7:19 am Planar Introductions

"Oh."

Silence.

"...so I should probably have told you this long ago but I'm going to have a child. B-by a surrogate mother actually." If this couldn't get more awkward.
Planar Introductions

"Ambrosia!" Neon half-groans, half-squeals.
"That's wonderful! Even if you really shouldn't just drop that in conversation on someone. What happened? Did you find a way around the...difficulties?"
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[The Tall Grass]

This is exactly the sort of scenario Sucker Punch excels in.

The striking creature gets a mouth-full of vaguely solid shadow and Khannie trying to bring down her baton right on top of its head for the trouble of trying to chomp her. This would be, obviously, not terribly healthy for the creature. Hit or no, Khannie manage to cleanly evade the bite, which is probably for the best. She really doesn't like getting SNEAK ATTACK! bitten.

Then she catches some movement out of the corner of her eye.

...which...

Apparently consists of one of her two grenades getting utterly ruined.

Oooooh that makes her mad. Finding the second one had been a pain in the butt. Now she's going to have to go spend hours in those weird robot filled bunkers trying to dig up a new one.

"I can hope," Ghost says, eyes roving over the grass as she splits into three identical version of herself, each moving in a different direction. She needs to find this stooge and smoke him out.

[Market Street Mayhem]

The breath whoofs out of the edgy dinosaur's lungs as Sirius plows into him, hurling him back several paces as the charged shadow orb goes flying off in a wild arc and explodes against the side of the nearby building.

"You're fast," Sirius' foe hisses. "But NOT FAST ENOUGH!"

Oh no!

He's doing his stabby tail attack! It's really quick Sirius look out!
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

[Planar Introductions]

Utayo had already heard about this subject, but it still does have interest to her. Especially given she's awaiting her own child. Not that it would be relevant to those here. Even if by some absurd twist of fate the child was also a planeswalker, it'd be many years before that manifest itself.

That's what she's thinking about, at least. Right now she's decided not to speak up.
~Images by Soushiyo
Felandria
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by Felandria »

Ironsmith wrote: Nov 10, 2022 3:38 pm
[Down the Drain]

Felandria's voice reverberates down the tunnel, which is now dimly illuminated by the wand. The walls, now that she can see them, are made of smooth concrete, with a few unfortunate cracks running perpendicular to the tunnel that break the monotony in places. There's a pair of ledges on either side of the main drainage duct that serve as a place to stand and walk when the tunnel isn't flooded, presumably for maintenance purposes.

Going right from where she entered will take Fel against the flow of water, up the street from her home. The further she goes, the shallower the drainage duct gets and the less water there is around her feet, until the tunnel eventually splits off into three. To her right, there's a ladder leading up to a manhole, which gives her a convenient way to exit the drain if she needs it. To her left, the tunnel forks off a short distance before leading upstairs to a door, which is marked "MAINTENANCE SUPPLIES - ACCESS BY PERMIT ONLY" in stenciled black letters. And finally, if she continues to go straight, Fel will find herself going further along the tunnel... which may or may not take her to Skitty, but will definitely lead to another station like this sooner or later.

In the distance, she'll hear a rustling and clicking sound, though it's much too far away to tell where it's coming from or make out more than that.
Fel looks around, thinking about where Skitty might have gone, since it was doubtful Skitty could open the door and climb the ladder, so straight seems to be the most logical choice.

So she marches onward.

Skitty, honey, please let me know where you are!

I don’t want you to get hurt.
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

Keeper wrote: Nov 12, 2022 12:36 am Planar Introductions

"Ambrosia!" Neon half-groans, half-squeals.
"That's wonderful! Even if you really shouldn't just drop that in conversation on someone. What happened? Did you find a way around the...difficulties?"
Planar Introductions

"I had... a surrogate." Ambrosia admits, speaking slowly and carefully. As if afraid she was going to insult someone otherwise. "It hasn't been great for her I think considering that that my father was involved." Neon would know little of Ambrosia's father beyond that they had had adopted her and that they had a troubled relationship. Him getting involved in something seemed to be a code for it getting complicated and sometimes even outright unpleasant.

For this reason she didn't really like to talk about him much.

"Still, we made an agreement and the child will be born soon. Very soon in fact." She takes a deep breath. "So my life is about to get a whole lot more complicated."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Slums
"I guess?" Facade doesn't seems sure about this.
Squid guy is indeed alive, and does not respond to Ghost.

Meanwhile, footfalls are heard from outside in the corridor. "What's going on? I heard fighting and... Oh my..." It's the old lady from before. "What happened?"
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Hospital Waiting Room]

Fettina's hand in Cantie's briefly squeezes back, a little harder as Tina realizes just who Ambrosia is. Her eyes widen slightly, then her body relaxes and her grip eases off. "Oh! You're-- her! Okay. I hadn't gotten all your details. Not that I, you know, needed them or something." Fettina smiles sheepishly. She offers her free hand up and will shake Ambrosia's gently. "And I guess... that's pretty much it, yeah! I don't really know what my plan is yet, but..."

Then she glances at Kirk. "Oh! Sorry. Was I not supposed to say anything?"
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Hospital Waiting Room]

"I'm indeed 'her'." Ambrosia remarks with a small smile as they shake hands. "And don't worry, no need to explain yourself. These things are chaotic, especially once you're as unprepared as you must be."

But her attention is diverted to Kirk the moment Tina let's go of her hand as her smile fades. "Excuse me?"

She doesn't even answer Thariza's inquiry but thankfully there's actually another person there to answer it for her.
He just entered through the door a few moments after Thariza and Ambrosia and must be a nurse considering how he's dressed.
Still he stands out in the room by being taller than everyone but Thariza and is the only one wearing a pair of glasses. But otherwise he seems oddly unremarkable for a nexus citizen by real earth standards since he's just a plain old human.

"It's called 'heteropaternal superfecundation', miss. It means she's having a pair of twins but with two different fathers. Its extraordinary rare so your confusion is understandable."
Last edited by Shadowcaller on Nov 16, 2022 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Slums]

Is Facade still a dragon at the moment?

Because that seems like it would be a pretty solid reason for an oh my god from the elderly lady.

Regardless! Ghost begins zip-tying the squidman's hands behind his back whilst sending an alert regarding her present location to Intersection. This is definitely one she'll want to stick nearby for until he's properly detained. "We found the guy who was stealing brains," Ghost says, her voice betraying absolute exhaustion papered over with the temporary energy the potion gave her. This is probably going to be about all she can handle tonight. Once the potion wears off she's gunna crash hard.

"The police should be here soon; you won't have to worry about anyone else being attacked."

At least not attacked by THIS specific guy.
Morty
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Hospital Waiting Room]

That's one way to learn something new. And a very inconvenient time for an unlikely quirk of biology to manifest itself. Thariza briefly wonders if it happens to Charr, too. There was some uncertainty as to the father of one of her cubs... but it seems something isn't going as planned. Thariza looks between Ambrosia and Tina with some concern.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Slums
She is, and that's definitely a large part of the shock.
Speaking of which, Facade glances over... Wow, Ghost looks like she's about to pass out. "She can watch him. You need to rest." Being a dragon lends a little extra weight to her argument - no one wants to talk back to a half ton lizard - but will it be enough?
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

► SHOW SPOILER
[Hospital Waiting Room]

The instant Kirk makes his comment, Cantata lets out an annoyed puff of air and rolls her eyes. Is he really going to be in such rare form today? How terribly unprofessional, especially towards a client. "Sorry, he's a little prickly today," Cantata signs, stepping forward and attempting to divert any tension. "I'm Cantata, Fettina's wife." She offers her left hand to shake, hopefully communicating any context they might have missed by not understanding NSL with the ring on her finger.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Slums]

"Yeah, haha, that tentacle-faced jerk really clobbered me," Ghost laughs, still standing rather shakily. She'll just. Lean against that wall right there. Avoid knocking any of the brains off the shelves. Those are probably important evidence or something.

Just gunna...

Stand here a bit.

"I can keep it together until the police get here," Ghost insists. "If this creep wakes up someone needs to knock him down again. It'll... just be a few minutes. I can take a few minutes."

Probably?

Assuming Facade doesn't grab Ghost and carry her out of the room Intersection should be arriving in less than ten minutes. She had already alerted them to what was going on after all.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Rebonack wrote: Nov 12, 2022 5:25 am [The Tall Grass]

This is exactly the sort of scenario Sucker Punch excels in.

The striking creature gets a mouth-full of vaguely solid shadow and Khannie trying to bring down her baton right on top of its head for the trouble of trying to chomp her. This would be, obviously, not terribly healthy for the creature. Hit or no, Khannie manage to cleanly evade the bite, which is probably for the best. She really doesn't like getting SNEAK ATTACK! bitten.

Then she catches some movement out of the corner of her eye.

...which...

Apparently consists of one of her two grenades getting utterly ruined.

Oooooh that makes her mad. Finding the second one had been a pain in the butt. Now she's going to have to go spend hours in those weird robot filled bunkers trying to dig up a new one.

"I can hope," Ghost says, eyes roving over the grass as she splits into three identical version of herself, each moving in a different direction. She needs to find this stooge and smoke him out.
[The Tall Grass]

Your hope is false, stupid girl. The voice in her head mocks as she and her duplicates forge through the grass.

Not likely for long, though.

About ten seconds in, the duplicate farthest left is going to receive the same nasty surprise Khannie did, where the grass suddenly seems to grow teeth and lash out at her, but from her view, Khannie will be able to see what's really happening; there was a massive viper of some sort lying in wait in the grass, appearing quite suddenly in order to strike, before fading out of visibility after the attack (whether it hits or misses).

She's not going to get to act on that information right away, though. As some unseen force will latch onto her and attempt to pull her out of the air. Well... "pull" isn't quite the right term. "Spike" is more like it.

"...Can we run now?" Arthfael asks, voice shaking.
Felandria wrote: Nov 13, 2022 7:09 am
Fel looks around, thinking about where Skitty might have gone, since it was doubtful Skitty could open the door and climb the ladder, so straight seems to be the most logical choice.

So she marches onward.

Skitty, honey, please let me know where you are!

I don’t want you to get hurt.
[Down the Drain]

nyaaaaaaaaank~

Comes the sound from further up the tunnel. Or is it somewhere in the tunnel behind her? The acoustics down here are a bit... weird. Something about traveling lengthwise down a cylinder makes it difficult to pinpoint where sounds are coming from.

rktktktktk

Like that. That weird clicky, scratchy noise seems almost impossible to pinpoint. Is it ahead of her or behind her? How far away is it? Difficult to tell.

crunch

Okay, that one is easy to locate. If nothing else, the unexpected give of something underneath Fel's feet being smashed should clue her in as to the sound's origin. In this case, what appears to be the desiccated upper half of some poor soul's body. The lower half is nowhere to be seen; given the corpse's positioning, it probably broke away and was washed downstream by the drainage in the tunnel. What's left is a scratched-up ribcage in the tattered remains of a grey set of overalls, with cracked bones in the tattered remains of the sleeves, and little splinters of skull scattered around Fel's foot.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[The Tall Grass]

Ugh.

What an arrogant butt.

Makes Khannie want to find this guy and just deck him straight in the face. Make him eat those words along with his broken teeth. But first she's gotta find him which is proving more difficult than she would like since he's skulking around in the grass like a cheater.

But then the idiot takes the bait.

CHOMP!

Aaaand the duplicate just blew up violently.

A fun trick she had figured out how to do during her stint as a magical girl. Her magic doesn't work the same way anymore of course so it had been tricky. She's been working on shadow evocations and it had been a real breakthrough to figure out how to tie them to a relatively fragile illusion. Pop the illusion and it goes off like a bomb. Hopefully the snake having an explosion go off right inside its mouth will ruin its day sufficiently.

Khannie doesn't have much time to celebrate, though, since something just swatted her out of the air and into the ground.

Into the ground being pretty literal, here, since she's still insubstantial and just went whizzing straight through it.

Heck.

She doesn't have a ton of fine control when she's doing this since she can't really interact with things and it's all she can do to phase back in as quickly as she can before she goes to deep because this is NOT going to be fun and-

Khannie materializes and immediately gets shunted back to the surface, taking some pretty unpleasant magical distortion in the process. This basically results in her popping out of the ground near Arthfael again and going, "Beans this guy's a pain. What the heck is his deal what am I even fighting?"

In retrospect she probably should have asked that first but hasty will as hasty does.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Slums
"Are you sure?" Facade doubts that Ghost can take a few more minutes. And if her friend should happen to nod off while standing guard, the illusion will drop. That would be awkward and embarrassing, not to mention let her secret identity slip. "Maybe you should go rest and I can take care of it."

The old lady, for her part, is just in stunned silence. She doesn't know what to do or think.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

[Riftline: An Angel and Me]

Marianne will probably be disappointed to learn that nothing jumps out at them.
In sanguinem umbram
The woman follows Marianne, looking down aisles and under seats as she follows.
In coronam invocatum
Once Marianne picks up the hat, she'll discover that it feels really moist and slimy and squishy.
O monarcha ques puer erat
And she'll be doubly disappointed when there's nothing on the ceiling looking down at them. Just a normal ceiling.
Iuveneste despinas in coronam secit

In fact, the way to the front just has suspense building. Nothing particularly frightening happens. Just that sense that something may happen at any moment.
Animus et Gladium malectum sanguine proto ingru hostium factuam
The door's locked. It doesn't open.
The glass is also bulletproof glass so...might have to hit it pretty hard if you want to break it.
Throno immortalem providentia hereram in tua vanus insidia tu
As Marianne tries to work on the door:
"Hey," the woman says. She taps Marianne on the shoulder. "The shadows are being weird." She points back behind them, at the rest of the train carriage.
In fact, the shadows being cast from Marianne's glowing hand against all the seats and everything are being weird. They're getting bigger and darker and suddenly there's low and indistinct whispering.
O Dominum Umbros, datoreo terra in ubi nostra turrim instruere
And then a shadow the shape of a hand starts reaching, from the back of the train carriage, towards the front. Its shadowy arm stretches out.
Last edited by Thursday Violist on Nov 20, 2022 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Slums => PREP Campus]

"Yeah, I'm sure," Ghost insists.

And it turns out she is!

She manages to keep standing for the eight minutes it takes for Intersection to arrive and apprehend the mind-flayer. And the next few minutes it takes to give a brief description of what they found and encountered. Really, the mind flayer's apparent really isn't doing him any favors on the innocence front. Once their account of events is provided our heroes are once again thanked for their community service and then!

They actually get a nice offer to give them a ride near the PREP campus (they're pretty clearly both teen capes and it's a safe bet where they're staying). From there it's just a matter of finding a good place to change out of costume and begin limping back to their dorm room.

"Hah..." Khannie breaths as she limps along one of the campus paths. "I'm definitely gunna have to visit one of the pokecenters before classes tomorrow. That was way more brutal than usual."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Rebonack wrote: [Market Street Mayhem]

The breath whoofs out of the edgy dinosaur's lungs as Sirius plows into him, hurling him back several paces as the charged shadow orb goes flying off in a wild arc and explodes against the side of the nearby building.

"You're fast," Sirius' foe hisses. "But NOT FAST ENOUGH!"

Oh no!

He's doing his stabby tail attack! It's really quick Sirius look out!
Market Street Mayhem

The end of Sirius' tail whips around while SPINNING, colliding with the other dinosaur's other tail attack!
"Nothing's faster than the lighting reflexes of JUSTICE!"
Then he lashes out, both front claws glowing red and whipping down.
"Fif cross!"
bc56

Post by bc56 »

PREP Campus
Mary, finally looking like herself again, seems similarly exhausted. "I don't know if I can do that again." On top of being worn out, her stomach's still lurching from what she saw... What she can never unsee. "Fighting Witches is one thing, but that was something else." It's a lot more visceral of a threat. Mary is much more suited to esoteric dangers (or she would be if she were more fully trained). "How often do you do all that?"
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

[Train]
bc56 wrote: Nov 10, 2022 5:12 am Jason nods to Haru and jumps from the train, rolling as he hits the ground and getting back to his feet.
Eidolon takes the opportunity to detach from the stopped train and begin following, gliding along above the ground with its tendrils drooping below it. It lashes out at Jason again, trying to spear him, then when he manages to dodge two a, it aims a third strike at Kiun. Jason sees this, and starts to move.
If Kiun doesn't manage to defend herself, he'll jump in to take the hit for her.
Eidolin is leaving the train! Outrageous! Inconceivable! Haru-
-takes a moment to swing into another car of the train. They weren't the only passengers, after all. Maybe she can get up to something completely different from fighting Eidolon. In any case, we can ignore her for now.

Kiun is doing better now that they're in the relatively open space beside the riftline track, and quickly gets to her feet and twirls out of the way of the monster's tendrils.
"We- do we have to stop it here?!"
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Market Street Mayhem]

Drill tail vs spear tail! Which will win!

Well obviously drill tail because that is WAY cooler.

The dark digimon's attack is deflected and the claws smash into him, tearing glowing rents into his... armor? Skin? Whatever. It's hard to tell with digimon where parts of their body stop and parts of their equipment begin. Maybe there isn't a difference?

"Argh! Enough of this foolishness!"
Sirius' foe hisses and he LEAPS away, landing atop a nearby building. "Don't think you won this fight because you're stronger than me! If that stupid pokemon hadn't injured me I would have beaten you easily! I'm not running away I'm just regrouping!"

He totally just ran away.

As the creature departs the digital fog likewise begins to fade and the crystal prisons begin to dissolve. It looks like our heroes won!

[PREP Campus ]

"It was pretty rough, yeah," Khannie says, looking pretty harried from the experience. She's seen... things kind of like it before. The weird bio-mechanical things from the bunker were messy when you destroyed them. But they weren't people. They were weapons. That lady that got her brain sucked out, that was something totally different. "It's... coming on something like that, I've never run into a murder scene before. That was..."

Really awful.

She's reminded of what she encountered with those scientists on her first patrol all those years ago. What had been... done to them. Definitely a violation of the Comic Code. Someone should get in trouble for sure.

"I'm sorry you saw something like that on your first night. Usually it isn't so bad. But we stopped that squid-guy from stealing anyone else's brain. I just wish someone could have figured it out sooner."

The perennial hero problem. You can't save everyone.

"Not every night. Sometimes you just need a break. But I try to do it at least once a week. I've got all these gifts and it feels like I'm just burying them in a hole if I'm not using them."
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

Arkhosia wrote: Nov 17, 2022 5:34 pm [Hospital Waiting Room]

The instant Kirk makes his comment, Cantata lets out an annoyed puff of air and rolls her eyes. Is he really going to be in such rare form today? How terribly unprofessional, especially towards a client. "Sorry, he's a little prickly today," Cantata signs, stepping forward and attempting to divert any tension. "I'm Cantata, Fettina's wife." She offers her left hand to shake, hopefully communicating any context they might have missed by not understanding NSL with the ring on her finger.
[Hospital Waiting Room]

Kirk glares at Cantata. No one asked her to speak for him. "I understand we have an arrangement, but that doesn't make you privy to our personal lives on its own." The drow clarifies.
~Images by Soushiyo
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Hospital Waiting Room]

Fettina leans forward heavily, arms propped on her knees, and drops a long-suffering sigh. She doesn't want to get between Kirk and Cantie today, and she welcomes Thariza and the doctor's interruption.

"Yup, a heteropaternal superfecundicator, that's me!" Fettina spouts, just to move the subject. "We'll probably able to tell which one's which easily enough." She puts her hand on her chest. "Mine will be prettier."

"Uh, how's our girl doing, doc?" Fettina asks the new man.