Outside: Grass touch place

Locales abroad of the city centers, from out of doors to the outer planes.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Re: Outside: Grass touch place

Post by bc56 »

Forsaken Cathedral
"I could turn into a digging creature, like a giant mole, but most animals can't dig through rock. It wouldn't work until we hit dirt." There isn't some secret technique for moving or transmuting rock as far as Charcoal knows. "No, it's not uncomfortable. Maybe too much the opposite."

Neon Forest
Kothar is burned - but he's suffered much worse than that in his career. He's been impaled, digested, and even turned to stone. Pain, even a lot of pain is nothing.
Snarling, the paladin raises his shield and axe back into a defensive position and leaps to strike at the machine's head (or roughly in that area). Blinding light envelops him, and spreads from his weapon onto his target - so if he hits, he should blind the construct (if it even needs to see).
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!

Tags:
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Neon Forest]

HOLY FREAKING SMITE!

Or blinding smite.

As the case may be.

The explosion of radiance sends the construct reeling. Without any way to see it begins flailing its limbs wildly!

From her perch on the construct, claws dug into its woody body, Khannie decides to take advantage of the malady Kothar has inflicted upon the weapon and unleashes the full force of her bitter malice. Ghostly flames erupt around her free paw as she PLUNGES it into the golem's head, causing the material to begin freezing and rotting from the inside out.

Of course, Kothar and Khannie are BOTH clinging to the monster at the moment so it knows more or less right where they are. Both of our heroes have a pair of limbs lashing out at them!

Which is, of course, not an ideal attack on the construct's part.

But it has got to start somewhere, right?
Wolfbane
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by Wolfbane »

Keeper wrote: Jan 02, 2023 8:35 pm The Triple B

”I don’t know how to fly, though.” Anri responds. She hops off the counter and swells back into her usual mostly-human form.
”It’s definitely useful to know I can do it. I admit most of my shapes are kind of glaring and obvious. Comes with being a fan of orange. But I think I like being human sized or bigger.”
The Triple B

Lydia "awwwww's" when Anri goes back to her normal size, but it wasn't like she could stop her. "Well, now the next test is to see just how big you can get. Maybe try an ogre or troll size to start?" She glances over at her Oni bartender. "Bigger than him at any rate. Like, we know you can be big in general given the 'tauric shape, but I mean actual bulk."
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

The Triple B

"Oh. Well I admit I've always been rather proud of my figure, but if it's for science..."
Anri stares at the Oni bartender for a bit before again swelling in size into the shape of a massive red Oni that nearly reaches the ceiling. Though still wearing a robe she now has her hair tied up in the back. And as requested, this form has an incredible amount of bulk, with a degree of both muscle and fat that would be difficult for a mortal to achieve.
"Oof. I think I'm bigger than my guard at this point. Maybe I should have just tried to copy him..." Anri mutters. She looks to see if there's a seat big enough for this shape. Lydia might note that Anri's voice and even body seems notably more masculine. Probably a side effect of her basing it on a man right in front of her.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

[Dysphotic Swamp]

To be honest, fighting back against a surprise tiger is significantly harder than fighting against a robot dinosaur skeleton. Robots, dinosaurs, and skeletons are all stereotypically known for having poor mobility and poor agility. Tigers, though? Tigers are well known for being on equal footing to bears.
And Seraphina's never won a fistfight against a bear.
Except maybe a teddy bear.

Seraphina thinks Khannie's getting hung up on a very weirdly specific part of what she said.
Oh well.
Her fault for trying to explain it by that way.
"I don't really see why that matters," Seraphina replies. "You can trust someone without seeing them all the time." She shrugs. "And if you know 'em well enough, then you can know they'll be there for you even if you don't, like, live with them or hang out with them all the time."

Seraphina does cover up her ears! The unconscious lady doesn't, though, but she probably doesn't need to.
Illusory sounds are weird.
Basically...exactly like an actual sound.
With how loud it is, Seraphina's glad she was warned. Even so, it was a little painful.

The splashy stalker, however, was not warned! And it was not prepared!

After that startling sound, the sneaky stalking thing (after having time to recover!) runs away. It stops trying to be sneaky and just tries to get away. Splashing, squishing, crashing, scramming. Running away from the source of the illusory sound, and very clearly off in the direction that the tiger's roar came from.

After Seraphina is sure the sound is over and won't come back, she slowly moves her hands down.
"That was loud," she comments, stating the obvious.

She uses the flashlight to look around, in case anything, for some reason, decided to come investigate the sound.
As far as she can tell (and as far as Khannie's senses can tell), nothing's immediately approaching them. And! No surprise tigers suddenly show up.

Well...looks like they can continue to follow the thirty or so remaining ribbons? If you judge by the numbers counting down on the ribbons, they should be nearly halfway out of the swamp, if you assume the ribbons' countdown aligns with the edge of the swamp. (Not all of the ribbons have parallel lines marking the next ribbon is straight ahead. Sometimes they have other symbols, but it's easy enough to figure out what they mean and where the next distant ribbon is located.)

Khannie, with her superior sense of scent, will be able to tell the sneaky splasher hasn't returned. Too far away for its scent to be carried here on the breeze.

Eventually...
When the numbers on the ribbons have reached 12, there's a river. Straight ahead.
Seraphina points the flashlight across the river, spots the next reflective river. "There!" she says. And, on the other side of the river is just a little more swamp, and a steep hill, marking the end of the swamp. Still forest up ahead, but "Since the yellow ribbons led us to the edge of the swamp, I assume they'll finish off leading us out of the woods, too."

But, to get there, they have to cross the river.

Ordinarily, this wouldn't be a problem. Sure, it's fairly wide. But it's mostly slow-moving and not very deep. Most of it is knee-deep, except at the middle where it becomes (briefly!) chest-deep for a grown man. Simple to wade or swim across. Thing is, the current is just strong enough in the middle and just deep enough that it'll be extraordinarily easy to be swept away while carrying an unconscious half orc-lady.

Also, the lighting in this area is still that awful dark, foggy twilight.
And maybe it's because there's the wide open expanse of a river, but the breeze picks up and brings just a whiff of the stalker's sweet scent. Still distant, though, so that's good news.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Neon Forest
Kothar turns his back to the monster's body so he can fend off the limbs while Khannie works on the head. His axe slices at one limb while he uses his shield to deflect the other. He's good at this kind of fighting, where he can soak up all the attacks while his allies do the damage.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

bc56 wrote: Jan 02, 2023 11:16 pm Forsaken Cathedral
"I could turn into a digging creature, like a giant mole, but most animals can't dig through rock. It wouldn't work until we hit dirt." There isn't some secret technique for moving or transmuting rock as far as Charcoal knows. "No, it's not uncomfortable. Maybe too much the opposite."
[Forsaken Cathedral]

"...I'll have to take your word for it. On both of those." Miranda nods, returning to chipping away at the wall as she tries to think up another way to expedite their tunneling.

At the cost of losing focus on what she's actually doing, resulting in the chisel in her hand slipping out and clattering down into the cavern below. "Shit!" Miranda swears, before turning a light shade of red. "...Pardon my french. I'll just go get that back. Keep it going in the meantime."

Of course, in heading down toward the fallen chisel, she's also heading toward the cylinder with Sapphira's artifact in it...
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Dysphotic Swamp]

Admittedly, Khannie has never won a fist fight with a bear, either. The only bear she knows is Pookie and he isn't the most aggressive creature around. Also he's about the size of a teddy bear.

He'll get bigger!

Possibly.

But pokemon need conflict to grow and about the only conflict Pookie has had to endure is Maridia stealing his honey.

On the subject of gods she just considers that a bit. Trust is the important part. Khannie knows she trusts her dad. And her friends. Does she trust Keiko?

Keiko can be a little... unreliable.

That's kind of how her personality work.

She'll need to think about it, definitely. And maybe read some more books. And talk to her friends. All these seem like good ideas.

Good ideas like shrieking at the thing that was following them.

"Yeah that's why I warned you," Khannie replies, also stating the obvious since that appears to be what they're doing right now. "The thing that's been trying to follow us ran off. I think it's going back toward the tiger?"

Where they being followed by, like, a baby zombie tiger or something?

Is that even a thing?

They might not ever know now.

And no surprise tigers! Which is good. Though, granted, tigers are usually surprise tigers. That's how tigers operate. And why people wear masks on the backs of their heads so the tiger thinks that they've been spotted and so they don't try to attack. But Khannie isn't aware of that particular aspect of tiger hunting.

So some more flags are followed!

And a river is encountered.

By this time all of Khannie's tail-torches have burned out, save for one that flickers to life now and again every time she talks with that ghostly illusion voice. Seraphina might have figured out by now that the zoroark's tails light up with foxfire any time she's actively using her illusions. It's a clue that something is up!

"I think I can conjure up something that can get us across,"
Khannie says, drawing from darkness around them and weaving it into...

A bridge!

She doesn't bother disguising it at all, leaving it to appear like a wire mesh of subtly glowing purple threads swaddled in darkness. Khannie makes sure to include some tactile aspects, though. Because otherwise walking on it would feel like nothing and that makes walking really difficult since you can't feel when you foot is touching it.

Making the bridge takes some effort, though. It doesn't just pop together like some of the previous illusions did. It seems almost... hesitant? Like she's having to arguing with something to convince it to actually make the bridge. By the time she's done Khannie is looking a little frustrated, though satisfied with her work.

[Neon Forest]

With Kothar hacking off limbs and Khannie ripping away at the construct's plating to get at the inside bits the mechanical menace isn't long for this world. Khannie reaches inside it's head and PULLS, yanking out something important looking with a bunch of ropy connections leading back into the machine.

Then?

She opens her mouth in that way-too-wide ghostly sort of way, exposing a maw full of wicked looking teeth, and bites down into it. There's a horribly howling sound like ice grinding against ice as the golem's wooden body begins to rapidly blacken and freeze until all that remains is a withered husk. The golem falls still.

Looks like Khannie just nommed it to death.

The zoroark is still crouched atop the 'dead' golem, huffing heavily, icy mist clouding her breath. The ghostly monster is still wearing exactly the same clothing she had on before. Except now her mess of tails is clipping through her pants. It appears as though her outfit is 'real' as opposed to being part of the illusion.

It takes a few moments for her to calm down, but once she does she begins weaving her human disguise back together again.
Last edited by Rebonack on Jan 04, 2023 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

Shadowcaller wrote: Dec 28, 2022 9:31 pm [Hog Heaven]

"Mischief? Me?" Dena makes a dismissive gesture. "Wouldn't even dream of it." The gorgon shows Tsumi the most innocent of confident grins.
"But yeah, there's already some underlying rules in fact. Couldn't let you use those guns on my friends now could it?" She now gestures towards the oni's muscular arm. "So no, the intention isn't to brawl. You only get points if you hit them on the armored parts, see? Gotta protect our pretty faces after all. But somewhere in the middle we could actually all have dinner together and be all date-like."
[Hog Heaven]

"Hmm, I dunno now, lady. This doesn't sound too fun for me, you know. I don't even get to use my best assets," Tsumi says with a pout. She shows a little bit of her teeth. "And I'm used to sparring with a sword."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Hog Heaven]

"Swords are your best assets? Huh." People really liked their swords, didn't they?
"I know that people have used bats in these things so I suppose using some kind of sword wouldn't be too different. Would have to talk to the people in charge but I'm sure I could arrange something to your liking."
Morty
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Welmet]

"Decent plan. Better than most of mine." Hiep shrugs. "How about you call it quits, giant bird? We're clearly more than you were signing up for."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Welmet

Vomiting might prove a mistake, as Harriet immediately takes advantage of the open mouth to bypass the feathers and fires a ray of radioactive heat at the giant rooster's bill. It's not a laser, there's not much light involved; mostly it's heat and ionising radiation. Hopefully it'll bypass enough of the rooster's defences that it'll have some effect, even as Harriet backs away slightly from the noxious liquid the rooster's producing.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Dysphotic Swamp[

If Seraphina noticed the tails slowly burning out, it's not something she brings up. Probably because it isn't the right time or place to do it, or maybe because she feels Khannie would know her own limits best, or possibly because she's become aware that Khannie doesn't like being seen as a ghost fox person.
Probably one of those reasons is why she hasn't brought it up.

Seraphina would argue that the tactile part of an illusion is the only important part if you want to walk on it, because otherwise you'd just walk straight through it. How it feels doesn't matter nearly as much as the fact that it's capable of being walked on. And most of the feeling comes from internal body sensors, anyway. That's what she would argue if she were asked.
But she wasn't asked, so instead she's just running through that argument through her head over and over and over as they cross it, with different variations whenever she thinks of something new to add to the argument.

"Good news is, only amphibious monsters can follow us now," the woman says. While the tiger/stalker can swim across the river, they really were banking on Khannie and Seraphina taking much longer to cross the river, or at least be vulnerable while crossing. The sweet scent of the stalker does get closer, but once it becomes clear that they won't be quite so helpless while crossing the river, the scent's source starts to get more and more distant.

Once they get to the other side, "Hey, I'll check on her real quick." Seraphina crouches down and checks on the unconscious person. "Still breathing, feels a little cold. Tourniquet's still secure, and we're making good enough time that she still might make it out with an arm."

She stands and looks ahead. No more muddy, soggy, or soaked ground, that's a relief. Will be so much easier to walk. Plus, looking up ahead, the light fog seems lighter.
Just...next obstacle. The steep hillside out of this swampy floodplain. There are definitely paths that lead up, key is just finding which one would be easiest. Actually, the symbols on the ribbon on this side of the river marks one of the easier paths up, so they might as well use that one. Especially since there's another ribbon on a tree at the top of its path. Wow, that's convenient.

"Need some water? Or want me to take over pulling for a bit?" she asks.
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

Shadowcaller wrote: Jan 04, 2023 4:16 pm [Hog Heaven]

"Swords are your best assets? Huh." People really liked their swords, didn't they?
"I know that people have used bats in these things so I suppose using some kind of sword wouldn't be too different. Would have to talk to the people in charge but I'm sure I could arrange something to your liking."
[Hog Heaven]

Tsumi shrugs. "It's how I learned. If you're going to stick something, it's hard to go wrong with a sword."

"Bats?" Tsumi looks alarmed. "...Just what kind of sparring match is this supposed to be?"
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Dysphotic Swamp]

Those are all really good reasons, Seraphina. Khannie is glad you aren't bringing it up.

Being a ghost fox pokemon is WAY less cool than being human.

Definitely in Khannie's expert opinion.

Anyway! The other side. Khannie nods at the idea of checking, setting down the straps she's been pulling on and makes a cutting motion toward the bridge with one paw. The result is like waving away a cobweb. It just sort of... bends. And breaks. And all the shadows that made it sort of dart away like ten thousand started beetles to find somewhere dark to hide. It definitely looks pretty spooky. But even a helpful spooky thing is still pretty helpful!

Also whatever's following them will have WAY more trouble getting over the river now. Hopefully, if it's hostile, it'll just give up.

Khannie opens her mouth to say that she's got a few water bottles in her backpack but all that comes out are animal noises. She seems kind of surprised by this and tries again.

More animal noises.

She bares her teeth in a snarl and then gives an exasperated huff before shrugging her pack off and pulling out a water bottle to offer to Seraphina. Khannie's illusions are pretty tapped at this point. She needs some time to rest. Or a pokecenter. Or maybe both. For now she chugs some water and shakes her head at Seraphina's offer to take over the pulling. The zoroark slides her pack back on and picks up the tugging straps, ready to go!

All nine of her tails are burned out.
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Welmet]

The noxious goop still dripping from the rooster's beak proves to be flammable. The additional heat supplied by Harriet ignites it and she can see flames licking the monster's throat as it suddenly rears its head up and inhales, its massive breast expanding.

Then it exhales, spitting out a jet of burning blood. Where droplets meet the blood already on the ground, the stains ignite as well. Flames begin spreading rapidly along the dry ground and the felled trees.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Dysphotic Swamp]

How convenient would it be if Seraphina had the psychic ability to understand and heal pokemon through touch?
Very convenient.
Unfortunately, she doesn't have that ability. She's not Yellow.

She tries to not look at all the figurative beetles scurrying away. Helpful or not, it's a little creepy.

As earlier, Seraphina chooses to not comment on Khannie's affected speech. Instead, she grabs the water bottle, says, "Thanks," as if everything's still just the same. She drinks about half of it, and just holds on to the rest for in case their injured companion decides to wake up.

Following the ribbon-path, there's a fairly decent way up. The trees start thinning out, the fog gets lighter, the lighting seems less twilighty...
The only downside of this is that it becomes harder and harder to spot the next reflective ribbon. With the trees more spaced out, the ribbons are a bit farther away. The lighting makes the bright reflective yellow not stand out as much. The numbers on the ribbon count down. 3....2....1.

They're at the edge of the forest. "Oh! We made it!"

And where, exactly, did they make it to?
A parking lot. It's not paved, just packed dirt. There's a wooden board with a very incomplete list of dangers and wildlife, an outhouse, a bus stop with a schedule showing it's not showing up for several hours, a minivan, and a pickup truck.

Seraphina blinks a lot. "It's really bright out." Especially compared to that twilight swamp.

Also, looking down the dirt road that goes past this parking lot, there's a ranger's station and a tiny gas station. The kind you'd find out in the middle of nowhere, with a box of souvenir rocks for sale next to the front door.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Forsaken Cathedral
Uh oh. But Miranda is already descending. Charcoal can't stop her.
That's going to bite her in the tail.

Neon Forest
That's distinctly unpleasant. Kothar would take the time to clean his weapon right now, but the construct didn't bleed, so instead he just awkward, pointedly, looks away while Khannie eats. His own people partake in eating the dead sometimes, but what's happening here is something else, something he can't stomach.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Dysphotic Swamp]

That WOULD be a really handy ability to have!

But, sadly, there are lots of really handy abilities that people don't have.

In fact, people don't have MOST handy abilities! That's why people make tools.

Sometimes you just have to drink some water and keep walking. And sometimes if you drink some water and keep walking you make it to a the parking area for the wilderness. And some vehicles that might be abandoned. And a little gas station and ranger station and also a box of rocks. These are all things that happen sometimes.

Khannie, likewise, blinks at the bright sunlight, her foxy pupils contracting to thin slits. She even shades her eyes with a paw.

Oh! There!

Right there!

She points at the ranger station and then picks up the pace a little, heading toward it with the injured woman in tow. Obviously the ranger station will have more first aid stuff for helping the injured woman than what they've got. Maybe. Or! Maybe they could call in one of those medical emergency helicopter services? Khannie doesn't know but that seems like the best place to start.

Hopefully Seraphina doesn't mind doing the talking since Khannie can only make zoroark noises at the moment.

Ugh. This is such a pain. She really stretched her influence with the shadows and that dumb swamp was messing with her magic ALREADY. Hopefully it'll just take some time and a change of scenery to patch things up.

[Neon Forest]

Oh yeah that thing is totally dead now.

So totally dead.

Once Khannie has her human disguise back together again she immediately notices how upset Kothar looks and her reaction is-

Shame.

She looks ashamed.

Like a little kid who just peed the bed or something.

"...sorry I got carried away,"
she mutters awkwardly, her gaze flicking to the ground.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Junkyard]

Wenomir keeps pace with Zeeland, pointing his sword at him.

"I'm a commander of Vigil. Ruining people's fun is what I do. And this core is too dangerous for you to have. Drop it and leave it. Last warning."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Welmet]

Hiep dives away from the worst of the burning blood, seemingly before she had a chance to see it coming. She needed to be elsewhere and she just... was.

"Okay, that didn't work. Now this whole place is about to go up in smoke. I need to keep this thing busy."

The woman charges through the fire, seemingly heedless of the heat and smoke, before trying to launch a thundering running kick at the rooster's nearest accessible body part.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Dysphotic Swamp]

Seraphina looks at where Khannie's pointing. "Oh, yeah, that makes sense," she says. She goes along, too. "I was thinking the gas station to make a phone call, but they'd be able to get more urgent help."

They arrive at the ranger's station.

There's one ranger just leaning back in a chair with his legs on a table. And another in a back room doing something else.
Seraphina claps to alert them they're just outside, and opens up the door. "Hey? We found someone injured out in the swamp. She's unconscious right now," she starts off, and gestures back at Khannie and the half-orc.

The seated ranger slams his chair down and gets up, and instructs the zoroark to bring her inside. Also, he mentally judges Seraphina for still being a pokemon trainer at her age. The other ranger enters the room.
"She had a huge arm wound which we patched up, and she was worried about turning into a zombie, I think," Seraphina says.
The ranger gives a waving gesture at the other ranger, who heads into the back room again. A satellite phone gets used, and there's a lot of rustling papers and binders and books getting opened and closed.

The ranger with them asks for more information about what was around, where they found her, how long ago it was, what treatment they gave her, if she was with anyone else, and so on. Seraphina does her best to answer all of them, telling the ranger about the state of the camp, guesses at the treatment Khannie gave, talks about the three corpses in the tree and the twitching, the slime and the stalker, the ribbons leading to the path, about how far it was, and so on.

After that, the other ranger comes back in to inform them medical transportation's (with a cleric) on the way, and that they can take over the care for the woman. And then, after conferring with the superior, informs them that they'll send someone to the camp to check it out, and that their records show that they were in a group of six and one of the two vehicles they came in is missing, and when the woman regains consciousness they'll find out if they need to do a search-and-rescue or what.

While the second ranger gets down to take care of the unconscious woman, the first one offers juice and first-aid to Seraphina and Khannie. And apologizes for not having any jelly-filled donuts.

Once that's dealt with, Seraphina sighs.
She looks over at Khannie to see if she can read what Khannie wants to do next. "We probably aren't needed around here anymore," she says. "What do you want to do?"
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

bc56 wrote: Jan 06, 2023 4:47 am Forsaken Cathedral
Uh oh. But Miranda is already descending. Charcoal can't stop her.
That's going to bite her in the tail.
[Forsaken Cathedral]

As Miranda lands and kneels to retrieve her chisel, she comes dangerously close to the cylinder containing Sapphira's artifact. But she's not looking toward it... maybe Charcoal will luck out and she won't notice that it's open?

Nope. Apparently Miranda thought she should check on it anyway, since she's down there. And so check on it she does.

"...That's not good." Her voice drifts up to Charcoal, a sort of sardonic lilt to it.

Miranda closes the cylinder back up again (if she can) and makes her way up to Charcoal. "Bad news. Apparently, Sapphira retained enough power to open the cylinder from the inside." She says with a scowl. "Which means we're going to need to keep a watch on her and make sure she doesn't break out while we're digging. That's... probably going to slash our progress in half. You'll need to watch her while I'm digging, and then I'll have to sleep and we can't leave her unattended, so you'll be watching her then, too." She sighs and runs her hand over her forehead. "...Son of a bitch. Is she trying to tire us out? Hoping we'll make a mistake or something? Go a little stir crazy down here?" She glances down at herself, then at Charcoal, and lets out a little laugh. "...Or is she hoping we'll get frisky and trying to piggyback off that?"
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Welmet

"I'll try and distract it, you do whatever!" Harriet's also basically ignoring the heat and smoke- the fire might prove tricky, and the smoke may yet kill her- she's genuinely not sure right now- but she'd recover if it did, and the heat doesn't hurt her. Does suggest using more heat is a bad idea, though- she's resistant to heat which she uses, chances are so is this monster. So she waves her mace again and fires off another blast of radioactive lightning, aiming for the Rooster's head.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Welmet]

The rooster opens its beak when it sees Harriet charging up another lightning. Maybe it was planning to swallow it? But Hiep impacts its breast just before the lightning strikes, causing its head to bop down, so the bolt strikes its cockscomb instead. It vomits some more blood straight down and its eyes seem to steam as it begins falling. Hiep has few seconds to move if she doesn't want to get buried under the beast.
Gold
Old Fart Poster
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Gold »

[Junkyard]

"Oh yeah? Well, this ain't fucking Cookie Clicker, so no command you have can ruin the fun here. Suck my paint."

Zeeland tilts his head slightly to keep Wenomir in his view better as he continues to move. If the commander makes a move towards him, he will quickly create a tall wall of fire between the two of them.
TASBot TALBot Solenoid Changer
"You monster!" -Gold Elemental - The Order of the Stick
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

[Junkyard]

While Zeelander is not focuesed (and may have done this far earlier because i missed to post) Tarbot will suddendly just disapear from his shoulder and reapear were he was when he picked him up, unless Zelander has a way to stop the dimensional hop.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Murkus wrote: Jan 05, 2023 11:20 pm [Hog Heaven]

Tsumi shrugs. "It's how I learned. If you're going to stick something, it's hard to go wrong with a sword."

"Bats?" Tsumi looks alarmed. "...Just what kind of sparring match is this supposed to be?"
[Hog Heaven]

Dena makes a dismissive wave. "As in baseball bats." She didn't think she needed to clarify that part, but it was best to make sure. "And it's not as concerning as it sounds. People are supposed to wear these suits that absorb kinetic energy, yeah? The more they absorb the more points the opposing team scores. Even if its just you falling on your ass. Though I don't think that's worth a lot of points. Anyhow, in theory that let's you get away with using all sort of implements even if you're only supposed to use the laser-guns they give you."

A beat.

"As in light-guns, not anything dangerous. But my point is that you could also use a sword to stab the suit with as long as its blunted. Like a training sword or something."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Neon Forest
Kothar isn't quite sure what to say. He can't just tell Khannie to stop being a monster (he's pretty sure that she can't and also it wouldn't help). But that was a dark power at work and he knows it acutely. "Take heed. Powers of darkness easily misused and hard to forgo."

Forsaken Cathedral
"Probably the last one." Charcoal sighs. "I should watch her. I won't be much good for digging soon, and if that's what she wants, we shouldn't feed me." Miranda might object to that suggestion. She should know at least enough fiendlore to know that that would put them on a strict timer - Charcoal will shrivel up and fade away to nothing if she goes too long without feeding - and that's assuming she doesn't go crazy from hunger and try to get what she needs from Miranda by force first.
Magtok
Pointy Eared Baby Devourer

Post by Magtok »

[Tower of Oujet]
► SHOW SPOILER
Laz doesn't seem quite so interested in climbing, as she instead focuses on trying to pull the cable/hose things to the center of the room, and attach them to the whatever-that-is. It looks like it should fit together, right? It'll probably do something else once they're all connected! She just has to hurry, because there's really not much time before the tide of monsters makes its way up here and ruins everything.
"You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
-Daniel H. Wilson