Outside: Grass touch place

Locales abroad of the city centers, from out of doors to the outer planes.
Travis
Fresh Baby Poster

Re: Outside

Post by Travis »

Rebonack wrote: Aug 04, 2022 9:39 pm [Shady Hollow]

Ah HAH! So he's a LAW BREAKER, then! Violations of the first law of thermodynamics can't be tolerated. He'll probably be getting a ticket from the reality police pretty soon. Those fines can really add up.

*ahem*

Anyway.

Mysterious floating, glowing orbs.

Changer grabs the thing and, with a dull boom it promptly bursts and begins spraying loot into the air like a fountain. This, of course, makes very little sense. And is possibly also a violation of the first law maybe. But the monster is already dead so who would get the ticket? Regardless, the ground is now covered in enchanted clothing, trinkets, weapons, random baubles, and a scroll containing instructions on how to build what is apparently a magical hat of some kind.

Weird.

Regardless, there's nothing to carry back in the giant gold orb department, but Changer CAN gather up some of the swag if he feels so inclined. With the way forward cleared the peasants are getting busy with the whole 'fleeing for their lives' deal. It seems like they're expecting to be safe in the church slash fortress at the top of the hill.

"Those terrible monsters, they've been appearing ever since that accursed castle appeared on the other side of the valley," one of the peasants says, pointing at the obviously haunted and filled with vampires castle on the other hill in question. That definitely sounds like a plot hook of some kind.

[Vault 44]

There are more things in heaven and earth, Linth, than our philosophy can describe.

Like ashes counting as a body for making an undead.

I guess...

Anywho!

Monsters busy with the minion. Door to the room in question still locked. And barricaded. And probably bolted, too. Which is largely understandable since the people who are inside probably don't want to get eaten by the mushroom zombies.

Linth has a couple options here. He could force his way through. Or he could try knocking and talking, both things the zombies didn't seem terribly keen on. Or he could try magicing through the wall! Does he know passwall? Great spell.
Vault 44
Linth does not, in fact, know passwall. He does, however, know some Bigby's spells.
A large white glove, the size of a man, manifests and does it's level best to punch through the door. If it's reinforced steel, the glove will likely work in vain. Otherwise... most other materials probably won't be up to the test.
If I ever suddenly ghost you on the Nexus, feel free to god-mod me.
My characters so far:
Alistar Michaels
Linth Southfold
Alabaster the cloud
HyeonbinJin
I suck at drawing but attempt it anyways. Sketchbook link here at some point.

Tags:
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Re: Outside: Grass touch place

Post by Shadowcaller »

[A Sleepless Night]

"So there are humans on your plane as well? Well, I already suspected that but now I know for sure." Ambrosia glances at the snoring Thariza. "But not charr I'm guessing then. Since like Sorotami they seem to be unique to one plane. It's a mystery I've yet to solve for sure. Since while dragons can be radically different from plane to plane humans seem mostly the same." She strokes her chin. "There are even humans, like this member of VIGIL who I'm passingly familiar with, who calls herself a dragon despite not looking anything like one."
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

[A Sleepless Night]

"Ah, yes there are. There are many different peoples of Kamigawa; Humans as you presumed, as well as the Orochi, Kitsune, Nezumi, Akki, Nantuko, and of course the Soratami. There's also all manner of kami, which are not so easily classified. Technically dragons would fall under these, though they're particularly mighty kami."
~Images by Soushiyo
Gold
Old Fart Poster
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Gold »

[Shady Hollow]

Wait, so j-walking isn't jaywalking?

Changer decides that, to reach these higher branches, usage of the weapon he picked up earlier is in order. He will inspect it first to find out what kind of weapon it is exactly, then will start trying to chop or break the dry branches with it.
TASBot TALBot Solenoid Changer
"You monster!" -Gold Elemental - The Order of the Stick
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Shadowcaller wrote: Aug 11, 2022 12:11 pm [Sky Library]

Geun looks between them, appearing at loss for words for a moment. "...well, I must compliment you on your gana then." So they were foreigners after all. He seems to relax once he realizes this. "You must have come a long way to get here as I must admit my ignorance of your home country and I am considered one of the most well-versed scholars where I'm from. But if you are interested in knowledge then you have come to the right place. I could take you directly to the occultist section if you so wish. Though keep in mind that some of the volumes there are considered dangerous to read. I was warned by, ah, my host. The master of this place."
"Oh, I am not speaking... gana. My language is called English; a side-effect of an item I am wearing grants me the ability to understand and make myself understood in any language, so long as neither party is trying to use language to conceal." A lie; Benedict has no item that translates things, and is relying upon whatever is already in place to achieve that- which might simply be the Nexus' own efforts in that area. "I am, myself, far from home, though I suspect we both have travelled far. Were you aware that this building is suspended in the air, with no visible supports? I suspect your host has the power to move the building about. It would not be unprecedented in my experience- part of my own family home was enchanted to fly and seized as a trophy of war." It took over a thousand deaths to power the enchantment, although it may need refreshing- the tower has not left the ground in five hundred years. "I have studied occultism for over fifty years; it is diabolism and demonology I currently seek more information on." Benedict does not look old enough to have studied anything for fifty years; he's apparently no older than his mid-twenties.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[A Sleepless Night]

"Kami?" That catches Ambrosia's attention. "Never heard that term outside my own plane. Are you talking about a form of spirit? Since it probably doesn't surprise you that I'm in a way also part spirit. Hence why I can use this body."
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Sleepless Night]

Utayo's eyebrows shoot up. "Intriguing. I wouldn't have expected that similarity. Yes kami are spiritual beings of my home plane. I wouldn't have assumed as much about you, but I tend not to make assumptions when it comes to the metaphysics of other planes."
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[A Sleepless Night]

"Yes, that is intriguing." Ambrosia remarks thoughtfully. "Since it makes me wonder what you'd make of the energy of my plane. Perhaps they are even similar enough to charge those batteries of yours." Which would mean that they could be created on her plane as well. Something her father no doubt would find interesting if she decided to tell him.

"But that's probably wishful thinking on my part. Still, I wonder what other similarities that could be found."
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Sleepless Night]

"My work stands on the back of many researchers and engineers before me and an entire infrastructure that's been established over many years." Utayo explains. "I'm afraid even if the similarities were that extensive, I'd be a far cry from being able to charge my devices."
~Images by Soushiyo
Magtok
Pointy Eared Baby Devourer

Post by Magtok »

Tower of Oujet
► SHOW SPOILER
Oh god, this is disgusting. There's gross blood all over her armor, and it doesn't even smell nice or at all appetizing like normal blood. Worse yet, the monster's wound doesn't even have the decency to stay a wound, what the heck?! She reluctantly pulls back, leaping off of Anika and taking her sword with her as she tries to circle around and find somewhere else to give the monster a new mouth. Maybe slash a few eyes, I guess? Yeah, that's probably a good idea, just slash it in the eyes and keep bleeding it with fresh new sword wounds until it runs out of blood to spray all over the place. Preferably on the side of the monster where Anika isn't, so she doesn't have to worry about getting splashed in weird monster fluids again.
"You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
-Daniel H. Wilson
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Tower of Oujet

Okay, that probably went as well as expected.

Which was not nearly as terribly as it could have gone.

She got evil-acid-blood all over her and Laz decided to jump off.

Oh, and the seal now has another mouth. That's just lovely.

But if they could give it a new mouth, Anika wondered if they could give it another kind of orifice.
Since she felt ready to tear this thing a new asshole and why not give it one so close to its mouth? It was after all about to eat shit.

GRAAAAORRR!!!

The way her fur mattens as the blood pours over Anika seems to also have hardened it which seem to protect her from its negative effects for now. But it does force her close her eyes as sadly those couldn't grow fur. Except if you were a weirdo seal, probably. But Anika wouldn't need sight this up close. As she roars she just starts clawing at everything in front of her like she's trying to dig a hole into the seal. She had learned something from their last encounter and refrained from using her mouth regardless how much she wanted to dig her jaws into this monster.

Her claws were infused with nature magic so she hopes that would make it easier to cut through the blubber but ultimately it was probably Laz that was going to deal the killing blow to the seal. Anika just hoped she would distract it enough so she could find a weak spot and hit it for massive damage. Like a certain other kind of giant sea creature.

[Sky Library]

"Of course I was aware of it. It's what makes this place so remote and why visitors like yourself so rare." Geun gestures to Benedict. "Especially a pair as well-traveled as yourself." But before he starts to lead them deeper into the library he does seem to have one more question. "Have you actually met the host? Do you know her perhaps?"

[A Sleepless Night]

"Mm, you would be the expert of the topic after all. But tell me, are you able to take others with you when you go between planes? Since I did notice you were able to bring along all those 'drones' of yours." Not to mention clothes and other belongings.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Vault 44]

The door is sturdy, yes. But not reinforced steel sort of sturdy.

Turns out that's a pretty solid way to get the door open.

Talk about knocking aggressively, right?

There's a pretty loud CRUNCH as the door is ripped apart by the hand, revealing a family in vault uniforms huddled against the far wall of the room in abject terror. Suffice to say when they see a giant white glove is the cause of their door's demise they're pretty confused. They were expecting horrible mushroom zombies. And giant white gloves are rather pointedly not horrible mushroom zombies.

A man, a woman, and two cowering children. One boy and one girl. Exactly what's needed to maintain the population of the vault.

They look both deeply afraid and deeply confused. It's understandable, really.

[Shady Hollow]

No.

J-walking is a damage type.

Like tax damage or pun damage or cringe damage.

Pray you never meet a cringe elemental.

Anywho!

The weapon he picked up just so happens to be a pruning hook! Basically a spear with an inward curved end and a sharp part on the inside edge. Definitely not great for stabbing. But it IS good for hooking branches and sawing them off. Exactly what he needs! He should probably hurry, though, because that hive mound is beginning to throb and drone and convulse in a distinctly disconcerting fashion.

[Tower of Oujet]

Laz violently yanks her sword out of the blood seal's flank, spraying even more corrupted blood everywhere and making its awful wound-mouth even bigger. This is all rather terrible. Also terrible is slashing at the hulking car-sized abomination from the OTHER side, which has much the same effect as the first impaling attack had. EG: blood spraying everywhere and a nest of flailing tentacles lashing out of the wound to try grabbing Laz!

Anika, meanwhile, makes some bear noises.

Also flies into a frenzy and begins savagely mauling the monster with the power of NATURE! Weirdly enough those gross quill zombies are also pretty thick with nature magic but they're WAAAAY over there and hopefully won't be joining in on the fun in the near future. The blood seal is more than enough of a problem they don't need whatever gross thing the quill zombies would summon up, too.

The seal isn't going to just sit there and take all of this, either.

The ground around Anika briefly flares with crimson sigils moments before a GEYSER of corrupted blood explodes forth from the earth with enough force to launch the bear high into the sky! Anika probably won't see it coming since her eyes are closed, but Laz might be able to warn her!
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Shadowcaller wrote: Aug 16, 2022 3:21 pm [Sky Library]

"Of course I was aware of it. It's what makes this place so remote and why visitors like yourself so rare." Geun gestures to Benedict. "Especially a pair as well-traveled as yourself." But before he starts to lead them deeper into the library he does seem to have one more question. "Have you actually met the host? Do you know her perhaps?"
"I would say you are at least as well-travelled as I, you just haven't left your comfort zone of this building to take advantage of that fact." Given his residence in the library of a flying castle, Earl cannot blame Geun for not leaving. "No, we have not met the host. She appears to be out; there was no welcome upon our arrival." And they're uninvited and bluffed their way in using magic and lies.

Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Sleepless Night]

Utayo shakes her head. "No, that's impossible. A spark is necessary for traversing the Blind Eternities. Even if I could somehow figure out how to bring a person with me, they'd surely perish. Which might explain why I find this place so baffling."
~Images by Soushiyo
Gold
Old Fart Poster
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Gold »

I have met a cringe elemental. Their name is [YouTuber I don't like].

As Changer saws off the branches, he collects them up in his arms and moves with relative haste to the hive pile, where he will pile them up at its base and use a small current of electricity arcing between his fingers to set them ablaze. Kind of like if his hand was an electronic lighter. Anyways, hopefully this fire will spread to the rest of the mound before anything upsetting happens.
TASBot TALBot Solenoid Changer
"You monster!" -Gold Elemental - The Order of the Stick
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[A Sleepless Night]

Ambrosia's eyebrow raises. "Yes, that does sound... confounding." She agrees. "Mind you, I don't know anything about planar travel or have even heard the term 'the blind eternities' before. Which probably won't come as a surprise to you at least. My father seems to have some idea of other planes existing but I always took it as purely theoretical pondering." He would no doubt be extremely interested in meeting Utayo.

"But while I can't help speculating on the nature of this plane the idea of other worlds aren't actually alien to me. You only need to look upon the sky to see plenty of them." She gestures up at whatever celestial bodies that are visible on the sky this night. "My plane has them too." A beat. "...where I'm going with this is you can actually study these worlds from afar and most of them seem completely lifeless. There isn't even air to breath and some of them are so inhospitable that it would be a death sentence just existing there for a few seconds. So when you 'plane-walk' as you call it, aren't you afraid to step onto one of these dead worlds? Or is there a way for you to guide this travel of yours?"

[Sky Library]

Geun let's out a nervous laugh. "That's... not strictly true. I can't have been here for much longer than a year. Not that it's always easy to keep track of the time in here. Before I, ah, came here I traveled around a lot. Both in and outside the empire. Since while this building is impressive it was clearly not made for folk to live in. My bed was only added after I had spent a few months on a couch." He eyes a paper bird flying by. "-not that I'm complaining of course. The host- you know she's a dragon at least?" A beat. "...or what a dragon is?"
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Sleepless Night]

"It's instinctual I suppose. There's very little proper study of the phenomenon. It's a very rare occurrence." Utayo gives a small shrug. "I've never heard of a planeswalker simply vanishing after a inevitably lethal walk, however. But I suppose if it happened, how would I know? That said, I would not equate planes to celestial bodies. There are similarities in concept, surely, but there's more to what a plane is. Often planes have their own separate sun and stars."
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[A Sleepless Night]

"I suppose I wasn't quite sure what defines a 'plane'. But that makes sense even if it isn't a conscious choice. One wouldn't walk into a pool of magma after all so perhaps you have some planar perception that your mins can't comprehend as its so unlike your other senses." Ambrosia hypothesis. "Since I have sense like that which are difficult to explain as there aren't suitable words for it. To 'feel' spirits doesn't quite do it justice and it isn't really sight either. Smell would be the closest I think-" A beat. "-but I'm digressing now. I admit, it is oddly satisfying discussing this with someone so freely. To try to put words to my experiences is something I rarely get to do."
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Sleepless Night]

"You don't? Is there not someone you feel comfortable discussing such things with?" Utayo glances at Thariza, asleep nearby. Those two appeared close to her, on some level.
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[A Sleepless Night]

Ambrosia follows Utoya's gaze to the snoring charr. "Thariza is a scholar in training. So she's akin to my student which makes our relationship dynamic... a bit different. But while I trust her enough to reveal my true self to her I've gotten the feeling that you have a firmer grasp on the concepts we've been discussing. She's learned a lot since we met but her education seems to have focused more on engineering and warfare than philosophy and aetherology. So most of our conversations have been about branching the gap between us subject-wise."

She pauses for a moment.

"Though that doesn't quite do it justice. Perhaps if it had been Thariza here besides me I would have told her all this instead. I'm not sure. I just know that- well, my experiences today has made me want to get things off my chest. Things I've been thinking about a while yet never shared." She gestures to the moonfolk. "Even if its to a person I just met."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Shadowcaller wrote: Aug 17, 2022 9:02 am[Sky Library]

Geun let's out a nervous laugh. "That's... not strictly true. I can't have been here for much longer than a year. Not that it's always easy to keep track of the time in here. Before I, ah, came here I traveled around a lot. Both in and outside the empire. Since while this building is impressive it was clearly not made for folk to live in. My bed was only added after I had spent a few months on a couch." He eyes a paper bird flying by. "-not that I'm complaining of course. The host- you know she's a dragon at least?" A beat. "...or what a dragon is?"
"...I did not, no." This changes things; no longer will they try to loot the place and escape without being spotted. Well, that plan changed the moment they actually were spotted and were unable to deactivate the guards that spotted them. "We shall endeavour to be respectful, however." Benedict notes Geun's reaction to the paper crane, and guesses that they're spies too- or at least have the potential to be such. Worth keeping a close eye on them, at least.

Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Sleepless Night]

Utayo lifts her eyebrows slightly, but doesn't voice any question. "I'm not protesting, mind you. I suppose I'm used to meeting people who are more guarded. Granted I think that's often because I appear quite out of place." She smiles at some private amusement. "I do appreciate your trust."
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[A Sleepless Night]

"Well, here you are not as out of place as anywhere else I imagine. Indeed, I would likely have been met with more suspicion looking like this in many parts of my own world than I would here." She gestures to herself. "People here, in my experience, think very little of others appearance. They seem to have trained their minds to not pay it more attention than necessary least they would exhaust themselves having to process everyone and anything they found odd anytime they went somewhere public."

Ambrosia pauses for a moment. "But, since you can't talk about your own secret openly either, would you mind telling me how many worlds other than this and your own have you been to?"

[Sky Library]

Geun don't need clarification to which question Benedict said no to. He recognized that look in his eyes.
He knew of dragons.

"Yes, while the imperial propaganda tells us that the divine dragons are benevolent and kind few have actually seen one up close. It's nothing like being near a statue of one, let me tell you that." He seems to be choosing his words carefully here. "But then you understand the situation which makes things easier for both of us." He gestures out towards the city of shelves around them.

"All of this is her hoard so try to treat it accordingly. Everything in here serves as her eyes and ears." He explains as a small flock of paper birds fly by. "That said, we are allowed to read and copy the books so the occult section was it? Any particular flavor of occultism? There's aetherology, rituals, eldritch phenomena, unknown mysteries..."
Sliibee
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by Sliibee »

Keeper wrote: Aug 09, 2022 4:18 pm Mountain Lake

"Well, even immortals have to start somewhere." After all, you can be both immortal and young.
"Alas, I have committed to 'only' living to be two or three hundred. Part of my requirements for my magic was to swear not to go chasing immortality. If you're not born with it, trying to get it doesn't usually end well." Though he doesn't think he actually wants to be immortal anyway. It sounds like an awfully long time.
Mountain Lake

"Oh well there you are then! And a good thing I'm here to study your little problem it is. Fey colonization of a body may, in some cases, cause extreme longevity and exacting weirdness as the fey preserve and adapt their chosen environment. While mixies may no longer exist when I'm from, several genetic cousins of theirs have been known to whisk away their homes to the Wilde for eternalization. Happened to a niece of mine, she's ninety stories tall now and has a moss forest growing in her eyebrows she's quite embarrassed of. This way, was it?" Otto will quite happily trot after Krayger towards their next destination, chattering away the entire time..
I'm only here for the cabaret
Avatar by Soushiyo (Artist does NSFW material)
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

Sliibee wrote: Aug 18, 2022 1:37 pm Mountain Lake

"Oh well there you are then! And a good thing I'm here to study your little problem it is. Fey colonization of a body may, in some cases, cause extreme longevity and exacting weirdness as the fey preserve and adapt their chosen environment. While mixies may no longer exist when I'm from, several genetic cousins of theirs have been known to whisk away their homes to the Wilde for eternalization. Happened to a niece of mine, she's ninety stories tall now and has a moss forest growing in her eyebrows she's quite embarrassed of. This way, was it?" Otto will quite happily trot after Krayger towards their next destination, chattering away the entire time..
Mountain Lake

Krayger groans audibly.
"You know, I've heard there are plenty of fey in the Nexus that are very pleasant to be around and harmless. Why can't any of my interactions with fey just be someone nice who wants a nice-dinner date or something? Noooo, I get cursed or threatened with kidnapping every time." he sighs. This actually bothers him enough that when they spot the mountain goat on the path he just silently picks it up, unphased by what normally would be surreal as the (comparatively) frozen animal is unable to react to him as he grabs it and slings it over his shoulder.
"...wait, you were trying to get me to keep them at first. Were you planning on warning me they might turn me into a tree?"
And he better hope he's right about stopping the colonization process. If it turns out that they've already managed to start turning Krayger's coat into grass he's going to have more problems than a potential time anomaly.
Sliibee

Post by Sliibee »

Keeper wrote: Aug 18, 2022 1:58 pm Mountain Lake

Krayger groans audibly.
"You know, I've heard there are plenty of fey in the Nexus that are very pleasant to be around and harmless. Why can't any of my interactions with fey just be someone nice who wants a nice-dinner date or something? Noooo, I get cursed or threatened with kidnapping every time." he sighs. This actually bothers him enough that when they spot the mountain goat on the path he just silently picks it up, unphased by what normally would be surreal as the (comparatively) frozen animal is unable to react to him as he grabs it and slings it over his shoulder.
"...wait, you were trying to get me to keep them at first. Were you planning on warning me they might turn me into a tree?"
And he better hope he's right about stopping the colonization process. If it turns out that they've already managed to start turning Krayger's coat into grass he's going to have more problems than a potential time anomaly.
Mountain Goat Pass

The goat, due to the reasonable safety precautions built into Otto Maddeck's Currently Unpatented Time Dilation Device, is moved into their frame of reference as soon as Krayger begins to have more than passing contact with it. That is to say, it begins squirming and bleating wildly in distress as it finds itself in a frozen world being carried by a previously unseen man-bull.

Otto continues on as if this is a perfectly normal occurrence, "Oh no, you're confusing that with Etreenalization. And it is very unlikely the Mixies would grow you, or change you at anything more than a superficial level. They are, after all, incredibly microscopic to the point where it is hard to tell if they exist individually at all. A single swarm of mixies might be one entity or millions, or both! It's all very exciting." Otto rubs his hands together gleefully as he sets down the briefcase and takes up a small spray bottle, "A minor aerosolized sedative. For the goat." And if Krayger permits, he'll spray the animal in the face with the bottle.

"My niece is not a tree, no. She is just very large and covered in plant life. She was taken in by a group of brownies about yea high." He drops his free hand to indicate someone about as tall as the average garden gnome, "And apparently they all loved riding on her shoulders so much that, over the course of time they decided they could not go without her presence. And what with one thing and another, a living township was born. I actually did my thesis paper on her situation, though I don't like to brag. Her parents are very proud of her active commerce centers."

"And now, to the baths!" Dramatic lightning scythes down from the heavens to punctuate this statement... very very slowly. The thunder will presumably be along in a few dozen minutes.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Mountain Goat Pass

Krayger lets Otto spray the goat, if only to keep it from struggling. He better not get normal fleas from handling this thing.
"I feel like I wouldn't let my daughter get taken by brownies for extended periods of time, but as long as she's happy enough." Maybe it's just their culture. For his part, Krayger has no intention of becoming a local town. Or continent, from the sound of the size of the mixies.
Of course, in their accelerated state simply raiding the supply closet for two full bottles of dish soap is no troubling task (aside from Krayger having to listen to Otto's ramblings the entire time), so it shouldn't take too long to do that.
"You said you'd rather we do the swap back at the lake, right?" Krayger asks him, though that's kind of a given. MERC HQ doesn't have any baths luxurious enough to fit an adult minotaur and a large animal.
Naturally, this requires that they walk all the way back, Krayger listening to Otto the entire time...
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Sleepless Night]

Utayo nods. She'll have to keep that in mind. It should make her life easier, at least. "I've been to three other planes so far, aside from my home plane of course. They're called Dominaria, Kaladesh, and Zendikar. I was actually planning on visiting a new destination known as Ravnica, but somehow ended up here instead."
~Images by Soushiyo
Sliibee

Post by Sliibee »

Keeper wrote: Aug 18, 2022 2:26 pm Mountain Goat Pass

Krayger lets Otto spray the goat, if only to keep it from struggling. He better not get normal fleas from handling this thing.
"I feel like I wouldn't let my daughter get taken by brownies for extended periods of time, but as long as she's happy enough." Maybe it's just their culture. For his part, Krayger has no intention of becoming a local town. Or continent, from the sound of the size of the mixies.
Of course, in their accelerated state simply raiding the supply closet for two full bottles of dish soap is no troubling task (aside from Krayger having to listen to Otto's ramblings the entire time), so it shouldn't take too long to do that.
"You said you'd rather we do the swap back at the lake, right?" Krayger asks him, though that's kind of a given. MERC HQ doesn't have any baths luxurious enough to fit an adult minotaur and a large animal.
Naturally, this requires that they walk all the way back, Krayger listening to Otto the entire time...
Mountain Goat Pass > Mountain MERCs > Mountain Lake

"Ah but what if you were the one doing the taking in! The brownies adopted her, you see. My sibling very unfortunately passed away, and as her father was Persona Non Grata and in any case completely incapable of being found in time, she was put up for adoption. I wound up tracking her down through the agency many years later, which is when I found out about her fascinating transformation into a bustling economic center of the Land Between." Otto continues on this track for most of their journey together as time passes, answering Krayger's suppositions or questions with worryingly vague or hypothetical replies, and going into intense amount of detail about his inventions, his research, his favorite sandwiches, and his increasingly obviously bizarre family life.

"Right then! We're here. And the truck has barely had time to smoulder. Now, the process is simple. Dump in as much soap as you can, lather it up as quickly as possible, and dunk yourself in! Then I will, with your permission, change your temporal frame of reference so that the process can complete. You may lose a few hours, possibly as much as a few days, until the Mixies have entirely transferred themselves from you to the nearest fluffy land creature." He gently smacks the side of the still sedated ungulate in demonstration.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Mountain Lake

"Oh. So by her parents, you meant the brownies." Frankly adopting a girl and then turning her into a kaiju seems kind of abusive but again, if she's happy enough maybe it's just their culture...

Krayger gives Otto a good stare at the explanation. He's not entirely keen on the idea of him being effectively unconscious for what could be days with this man, but the possibility of the mixies ripping out his coat or growing fungal infections on him is enough to convince him to submit to it. Luckily he isn't really bothered by modesty and the need to strip into his boxers. Dumping in several bottles of soap and lathering it is simple enough. Stepping into the cold water is also simple enough. But cold.
Otto needs Krayger alive for this to work so he's confident that he'll do something if Krayger starts to get dehydrated or something. He just hopes that maybe something good can come of this, and he won't wake up in a research lab somewhere covered in fungus.
"Okay, hit me." he grumbles.