PREP Highschool

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Re: PREP Highschool

Post by Ironsmith »

[Wizardry Practice]

"...Well, that's helpful." Arthfael snarks, resting his chin on his fist. "You were taking a walk by the lake. There's any number of-" He immediately facepalms. "[Freaking]... ugh, it's so obvious! You triggered the transformation by wanting it. That thing in your head responds to your thoughts and feelings. It's naturally cooperative. Triggering the transformation shouldn't be any harder than politely asking for it."

[Dragon Disguise Hunting]

Gaudia blinks uncomprehendingly, mirroring Khannie's reaction. The apparently-Japanese (or setting-equivalent) schoolgirl wasn't a familiar-

Oh, wait a second!

Gaudia snaps her fingers. Or tries to, at least. She makes two or three attempts before giving up and shrugging. But she does know that girl! Well, sort of. She doesn't know her, exactly, but she's seen her before. The green girl who totally isn't an orc is sort of difficult to miss; she sits next to her in Home Ec. She'll just go ahead and relay that information to Khannie, to get her filled in on who, exactly, they're looking for... or at least, what she looks like. Khannie should be able to recognize her on sight, but Guadia's psychic connection with her hits a wall in that she won't be able to picture her before then.

Having done that, she turns back to Mary and gives a little nod. Whoever this girl is, she almost got the gardevoir in serious trouble. Revenge seems appropriate.

[She's Going To H8 That]

"...Oh, are you done?" Aikobaz smirks. "When will you learn not to attack my monsters, Cardcaptor?" She teases, the image of her face-down monster again appearing in front of the attack; this time, a young woman with a crescent-headed staff, revealing herself just in time for the blade to connect.

"I mean, sure, Magician of Faith won't survive the attack, but now that you've flipped her face-up, I get to use her effect, which is to bring one spell card back from the graveyard. And the card I choose is-"

Turn 8, Battle Phase

Monsters:
-Magician of Faith [300 ATK/ 400 DEF] (Defense Position)

Spells/Traps:
-Wave-Motion Cannon (1)

Graveyard:
-Final Countdown
-Witch of the Black Forest
-Kunai With Chain
-Mystical Elf
-Raigeki

Monsters:
Nekroz of Areadbhair [3300 ATK/ 3200 DEF]

Spells/Traps:

Graveyard:
-Night Beam
-Gunkan Suship Shari
-Little-Winguard
-Gunkan Suship Ikura-Class Dreadnought
-D. D. Trainer
-Preparation of Rites
-Nekroz of Brionac
-Reinforcement of the Army
-Shurrit, Strategist of the Nekroz

Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.

Tags:
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Wizardry Practice]

Oh.

Pff.

That makes a lot of sense, right? If the disguise is supposed to be helpful then it should be easy to use. Makes Khannie wonder what the dragon cough sneeze had to do with it, though. She had come down with the thing, too, but it didn't actually make her breath any fire. Or want to be a dragon. Just made her nose runny for a few days. Oh well! Hard to guess how magic stuff is going to interact with other magic stuff.

Khannie points at Arthfael. "Boom. Mystery solved. Now you can head back to your room and get some pants to turn into human form whenever you want. Probably a good idea to keep an extra uniform in your backpack or whatever just in case."

Will Kol now go back to his room and take her advice?

Maaaaybe?

Anywho attention back to Arthfael.

"Okay so you were saying the problem with enchanting fire is that fire goes out and then you've got, what did you say? Like an upset ghost thing?" Khannie asks, trying to get their conversation back on track to the point it was before they were interrupted.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Dragon Disguise Hunting
All that's left to do is find Aiko.
Mary has no idea where the green "empress" could be, but with Kol's luck on their side, it shouldn't be hard to find her.
All they need to do is search.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Gold
Old Fart Poster
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Gold »

[A Simple B8 and Switch]

"Not so fast, Aikobaz!" Micah interjects, pointing to his own attacking monster. "My monster's effect lets me tribute a monster from my hand or field at any time to stop you from activating one of your monster's special effects!"

Micah pulls one monster from his hand, revealing it to be the Metal Guardian, before sending it to the graveyard. "So you don't get to use Magician of Faith's effect."
TASBot TALBot Solenoid Changer
"You monster!" -Gold Elemental - The Order of the Stick
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Gr8 Story M8]

"Wha- What? Since when?!" Aikobaz leans forward at this, as though that would help her read the card's text from all the way over here. "...Well, that's a load of bullsh-"

The assembled crowd lets out a collective groan of disappointment at the poor sportsmanship.

"Silence!" The empress commands, and for once, the crowd obeys. "...Fine. I suppose that means Magician of Faith goes to the grave unfulfilled. How sad."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Gold
Old Fart Poster

Post by Gold »

[Crazy 8s]

Micah shrugs and smiles. "I wouldn't have played him if he wasn't strong."

"As for my turn, it's gone on long enough already, don't you think? Your move."

Turn 8, Battle Phase

Monsters:

Spells/Traps:
-Wave-Motion Cannon (1)

Graveyard:
-Final Countdown
-Kunai With Chain
-Mystical Elf
-Raigeki
-Magician of Faith

Monsters:

Spells/Traps:

Graveyard:
-Night Beam
-Gunkan Suship Shari
-Little-Winguard
-D. D. Trainer
-Preparation of Rites
-Nekroz of Brionac

Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Somebody Call 9 One One]

"You said it, not me." The empress smirks as she draws another card from her deck, eyes lighting up at the sight. "Ha! Perfect timing!" She chortles, dramatically kissing the card and adding it to her hand. "I hope you've enjoyed having Areadbhair, because I've just scheduled his execution!"

With that declaration, she slams down two cards again; strangely, no monsters among them.

"Of course, we're running low on time..." She points out, once again gesturing at the flames gathering overhead; nine so far, with a tenth ready to flicker into view as soon as her turn ends, "So I'll spare you any long-winded explanations of my plans. Your move, Cardcaptor."

Turn 9, End Phase

Monsters:
[Empty]

Spells/Traps:
-Wave-Motion Cannon (2)
[???]
[???]

Graveyard:
-Final Countdown
-Kunai With Chain
-Mystical Elf
-Raigeki
-Magician of Faith

Monsters:

Spells/Traps:

Graveyard:
-Night Beam
-Gunkan Suship Shari
-Little-Winguard
-D. D. Trainer
-Preparation of Rites
-Nekroz of Brionac

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

Oh right.

Her.

Okay thanks to Gaudia's mental nudge Khannie totally remembers seeing her around the school before. Still not sure whether or not she's supposed to be aware of this person somehow.

"Alright let's go," Khannie says, setting off to follow Kol and do no smooshing when they find the culprit. Just some stern talking to.

And maybe taping her to a tree.
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

Wizardry Practice

"But I totally tried thinking about it for like, DAYS before that! Why would it have worked that time?"
Kol doesn't seem satisfied enough to leave.
"Is it because it was night time by the beach?
Arthfael I think you're from the same world as me do you know if people connected to Adea are stronger at night time?"

Oh right Kol is just kind of dropping that in Arthfael's lap hopefully he doesn't freak out.

Dragon Disguise Hunting

Kol has a vague recollection of this person. A vaguely negative recollection.
Still, they know who they're looking for now.
But not where.
"So do I just start walking again now?" he asks.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

Earl of Purple wrote: Oct 27, 2022 5:40 pm Snek Lunch

"That's OK, neither do I half the time. And I've got no head for directions in a building like this. If it weren't for my grandfather's axe, I'd never get anywhere." Hopefully that's not much of a problem for Natharia.
"I was homeschooled a bit, too. It... really wasn't like this, at all. My parents are nomads; I'm a boarder, and spend some time at my Gran's. She lives in the city." He learnt how to ride several different animals, start a fire, hunt, and kill that way, and his father made sure he knew how to read and write too, and he picked up a couple languages. English and Orcish, mostly, and absolutely hideous but understandable Gnome.
[Snek Lunch]

"Oh, that's kind of a relief to hear." Natharia laughs a little bit. "I thought most people would be totally used to this and I'd just be an outsider." She admits.
~Images by Soushiyo
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Wizardry Practice]

"I didn't say 'try thinking about it'. I said you had to want it." Arthfael explains, patience clearly strained. "You can think about it until the heat death of the universe, it's not going to do anything. No more so than if I thought about..." He starts to highlight an example, before realizing that the items which came most to mind (attacking Kol somehow, kissing Khannie, and so on) were not things he'd want to bring up in front of either of them.

"Than if he thought about grabbing my shield and throwing it at Khannie again." Peekay helpfully supplies.

"...Right, I suppose." Arthfael frowns, giving Peekay a sidelong glare. "The thing in your head is cooperative, not obedient. It's not going to do anything just because you kinda-sorta asked. Especially if you can't be assed to be respectful about it." He gives Kol a little poke in the chest, or at least as close to it as he can reach. "Again, you're dealing with another person, more or less. If you think of it as something you can control, you're not going to make a lot of progress." He dusts himself off and shrugs. "I mean, nobody likes being thought of as a tool. Least of all someone using Adean magic on you; the people who can do that tend to be rather individualistic, and the spirits they create are a lot like themselves. I'm starting to think you lucked out and your little friend just got sentimental; there's no way you got it to cooperate with that attitude."

"Hey, Art, lay off." Peekay crosses her arms. "I mean, if there's anyone here who shouldn't be giving someone a hard time about their attitude..."

The strigoi frowns. "...Anyway, if it's something you really want, you'll be willing to work with your little pal to get it. Otherwise, it's all talk."

Gaudia nods. Kol's instincts led them here, it made sense to keep following them.

Assuming they do, indeed, follow Kol, they're going to find Aikobaz in the library, sitting alone, with an open textbook in front of her to one side, and an open notebook on the other. She's wearing a set of old-fashioned headphones, which are plugged into a walkman off to her side; the faint sound of a high-pitched but definitely masculine voice crooning can be heard even from here through them. Aikobaz herself is humming along quietly, occasionally interjecting with her own quiet attempt at the lyrics. She seems... unfocused, despite the relative silence of the library. Her pen tapping against the notebook but not actually writing anything, her finger is resting against the textbook but not moving.

Eventually, she drops the pretense, and her pen, and leans back, running her hands through her hair, and letting out an agitated sigh. "...Oh, gods." She mutters, running a hand down her face and sniffling.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Wizardry Practice]

"Kol seems really not vampire-y and not guy with horns-y for being from your world,"
Khannie points out, lamenting the loss of opportunity to continue doing cool stuff with Arthfael instead of... whatever it is Kol is doing now.

Complaining about magic not being easy enough?

Or something?

She gets the asking part.

That's kinda how sorcery works. About exerting influence rather than just thinking about something really hard. Or even wanting something really hard. You need to convince whatever your sorcery touches that you're cool enough to listen to.

But yeah.

So far everyone from Arthfael's world that Khannie has met has either been a vampire that is what they eat (sort of?) or a complete jerk with pointy teeth and horns. And while Kol DOES have pointy teeth and horns at the moment they aren't quite the style of the two Sovereigns of Buttfaceness.

Maybe they can turn into dragons? Pretty sure that's a no. If they could do something cool like that everyone would know about it already. Braon isn't exactly subtle about literally anything.

"And what the heck's an Aeda?" Khannie mispronounces. Something connected to Kol apparently? Maybe she'll get to hear a bit about where Arthfael is from? That wouldn't be a total waste of time.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Wizardry Practice

Kol almost growls in frustration. For a split second, a trout phases into existence and whizzes past Arthfael's head before Kol takes a deep breath and it slowly phases back out of existence.
"Arthfael, you're one of Khannie's friends so I know that you're a good person. If you want me to leave you alone with your crush by all means just ask me."
His eyes flick back to Khannie. He's annoyed at her too. From her face she's also judging him for being here right now but is just going on instead of just being up front and telling him to leave.
"Adea's the goddess of the ocean and creation and stuff. She was my mom." Kol says quietly. He turns, as if about to leave right there. Clearly they don't want him around.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Wizardry Practice]

Arthfael jumps as a fish goes flying past him, clearly not expecting that. His shock gets doubled over when Kol refers to Khannie as his crush, way before he was ready to actually confess to that; the end result is a few scattered attempts at starting a sentence escaping him, but nothing particularly coherent. He's still beet-red when Kol gets to the part about being Adea's son, at which point Arthfael just... stops and stares.

"...Well, that was a lot in four sentences." Peekay offers, waving her hand in front of the strigoi's face, to no reaction whatsoever. "I think you broke his brain." The paladin sighs and stands up. "...But you know what? You're right. That's not okay. You two are being butts about this." She continues, moving to Kol's side and turning to address Khannie. "Your pal here came to you for help, and you're okay with just saying whatever you need to in order to get rid of him? Come on. You owe him more respect than that. And you." She continues, giving Arthfael a little poke. "Stop being such a freaking hypocrite. You expect me to get along with Khannie because she's your friend, but you're not gonna do the same for Kol when he's hers?"

"...Peekay, I think that might be a little beside the point."

The paladin shakes her head. "Oh, sure, because things change so much when he just casually reveals he's a Thamar. Never mind that; he's a person either way." She steps up next to Kol and gives his side a little pat. "Look, big guy. If you want to leave, I'm coming with you. If you want to stay, stay, and don't apologize for it." She crosses her arms and turns to face Khannie, who she is sure is going to have something to say to all of that.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Dragon Disguise Hunting
Mary watches silently. She was angry, but Aiko looks so sad.
She moves quietly up behind her, resuming humanoid shape as she does, and places a hand firmly upon the green girl's shoulder. "Aiko." Her voice is stern and unyielding. She isn't happy with Aiko, but she isn't full of rage like she was a minute ago.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Wizardry Practice]

Oh.

Huh.

That's... a whole lot.

So! Crush! Yeah, judging from Arthfael's face Khannie's take on her friend's feelings were right on the money. Though she's still not sure what HER feelings are. Then some stuff about Kol being some goddess kid? Okay? It's possible Khannie is just sort of... not reacting to this like maybe she should. She's friends with Keiko and she's basically a god, right? And Khannie got yoinked into the Mystery Dungeon world when she was little basically thanks to a pokemon god. So this sort of divine intervention stuff doesn't seem... shocking? Or weird? Just a thing that happens.

Who cares?

She cares more about getting the verbal lashing from Peekay. Her face twists into something defiant and frustrated as her fists ball. Khannie is about to object that Kol didn't come over here for her help, he just came over to bug her because he heard her talking, but she bites her tongue on that one. It would just make things worse.

The girl takes a deep breath.

Then lets it out slowly.

"Sorry Kol. Me and Arthfael were just in the middle of something and I was kinda on edge after getting hit in the face with a giant shield earlier," she admits. Gotta get that zinger in on Peekay. "I hadn't seen him since... well, something really bad that happened a while back, okay? I wanted to have a chance to catch up and you just sorta... jumped right into the middle of it. My bone-head comments didn't help, either."

That's her?

Some girl crying crocodile tears or whatever?

Khannie is standing there, arms crossed, tapping one finger on her arm.

This weirdo had better have a REALLY GOOD reason why she messed with Mary's stuff AND THEN framed Gaudia.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Wizardry Practice

”Aw.”
Everyone in the vicinity may have to scramble from receiving a big hug from an unfolding pair of big purple wings.
”I’m sorry for butting into your personal time I really just wanted to say hi.”
He’s been feeling wonky ever since finding out he’s an orphan for sure but that’s not important.
”If you guys want to catch up that’s fine. It’s super definitely okay, really.

Dragon Disguise Hunting

Kol backs off on this one. The girls can handle this. Mostly because his size makes him naturally intimidating and he doesn’t want to imbalance the possibly delicate situation.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Aikobaz turns abruptly, hastily removing her headphones and inadvertently tugging them free of the machine in the process, resulting in a brief, undignified scramble to turn it off before the noise got her in trouble.

If I could make days last forever,
If words could make wishes come true,
I'd save every day like a treasure and then, again,
I would spend them-

click!

"Brignole." Aikobaz snaps irritably, straightening up in some attempt to reclaim her dignity. "You'd better have a good reason for interrupting me in the middle of my Chronology homework."

Which she was presumably going to start at some point.

The empress takes a moment to note the pair of annoyed-looking pokemon and the huge purple dragon standing not so far away. She gives them each a stony-faced glare, but doesn't address them.

[Wizardry Practice]

Aw. Dragon hugs.

Arthfael just shrugs and reluctantly accepts the hug, while Peekay actively embraces Kol, throwing her hands around his neck and giving him a little pat on the back.

"...Right." Arthfael says after a moment. He glances over at Khannie for the signal to dismiss him. If he does it, he's convinced Peekay will take it to mean he's not making an effort.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Dragon Disguise Hunting
"You stole my clothes," Mary is stating the facts. She's clearly not happy about it, but she's got more to say, "And you framed this poor girl," she motions at Gaudia. "Why?" She burns coldly with anger. Refusing to answer might not be wise.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Wizardry Practice]

Oh.

Uh.

Dragon hugs. Neat?

Khannie isn't totally sure how she's supposed to react to that so she just sort of... pats Kol on the wing?

"Thanks. Hey, serious though, go practice trying to change back a bit. Somewhere private where you won't... uh... have to worry about wardrobe malfunctions. I bet by the time you figure it out we'll be done with our practice session slash catching up time."

And they might even manage to work through the emotional baggage of Kol loudly announcing that Arthfael obviously has a crush on Khannie!

Maybe.

Khannie figures she's striking a reasonable balance between polite and up-front here. Definitely a better idea that her dumb first plan of getting Kol upset with her so it'll be clear to Mary that she isn't interested in the big purple doof.

Well, this is basically Mary's game at this point.

Khannie is mostly just here to look cross and provide moral support right now.

"And smooched that one kid a bunch to evade notice but he didn't seem too upset about it," Khannie helpfully adds.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Wizardry Practice

Kol probably shouldn't have mentioned Arthfael's crush. But he might have still been a little annoyed about her opening comment outing Mary.
"Well, okay. Have fun, you two."
And with that he wanders off. He feels like his relationship with his friends is more complicated than it probably should be.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Snek Lunch

"Hah! No, most everyone felt that way when they started. You staring late means you gotta bit of catching up to do, is all." Though some people probably were pretty used to being schooled in this way, there's also exiled empresses, pokemon masquerading as trainers, clockwork cyborgs, magical girls, and royal street urchins at this school as well.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Gold
Old Fart Poster

Post by Gold »

[10 Out Of Ten]

Micah raises an eyebrow. "I wouldn't be so sure about that if I were you," he says calmly.

He draws, looking at the card he pulled before smiling and nodding. "First, I'll place this down," he says, as he puts the card face-down in the Spell & Trap zone. Then, he places a card from his hand face up in the Monster Zone, and the monster that appears on the field is a grimacing shark with 5 fins distributed to look like fingers. "Now, I summon Left-Hand Shark in attack mode!"

Now, for the Battle Phase. Micah points to his opponent, exclaiming "If I were you, I wouldn't have left my life points unprotected. Nekroz of Areadbhair, attack Aikobaz' points directly!" The warrior moves forward, slashing the space in front of the empress since she has no monsters to protect her. "And attack, Left-Hand Shark!" The shark also takes a bite out of Aikobaz' life points.

Micah smirks. "Still think time is running out for me? Your move."

Turn 10, End Phase

Monsters:
[Empty]

Spells/Traps:
-Wave-Motion Cannon (2)
[???]
[???]

Graveyard:
-Final Countdown
-Kunai With Chain
-Mystical Elf
-Raigeki
-Magician of Faith

Monsters:
Left-Hand Shark [1300 ATK / 1500 DEF]

Spells/Traps:

Graveyard:
-Night Beam
-Gunkan Suship Shari
-Little-Winguard
-D. D. Trainer
-Preparation of Rites
-Nekroz of Brionac

Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Aikobaz frowns and considers the merits of denying the accusation. Mary couldn't actually prove what she was saying, in all likelihood. But then, she doesn't need to... she's not going to the principal, she's confronting Aikobaz over what she already knows happened.

"...Fine. You want to know why I took it?" The empress crosses her arms. "It's an artifact that enables shapeshifting for the wearer. If I had the time to study it properly, imagine what I could do with that. If I could recreate the effect, it'd be the first real magical power I've picked up since I came to this crummy place." She shakes her head. "Maybe you haven't heard. Once upon a time, I was the witch-queen of the entire Astral Empire. If we were having this conversation back home, I could end you in fifty different ways, with a wave of my hand. Do you have any idea what it's like to have that sort of power... and then to have it all taken away in one night, by a freak accident nobody could have seen coming?"

Aikobaz sighs and shakes her head. "...So, yeah, I got a little greedy. But it didn't take me long to realize I was being an idiot. A relic like that, you could probably track, and if you found it in my hands... well, demons aren't known for their forgiving nature, and neither are dragons. Whichever of the two you actually are, that wasn't going to end well for me. So I dumped it in some other girl's bag and walked away." She spreads her hands. "I was hoping you wouldn't be able to track the theft back to me. But, it looks like I thought wrong. So whatever you're going to do to me, do it and get it over with."

Maybe she'd luck out and get cursed for her trouble. Those have a tendency to turn back around into fantastic powers... so in a way, she'd get what she wanted anyway.

[Wizardry Practice]

"Well, good. Glad that all worked out." Peekay smiles and turns to follow Kol. "You two have fun. I still made Kol a promise, and I intend to keep it. Hey! Wait up!"

Arthfael lets out a little sigh. "...So, about, um..."

...Nah, he shouldn't talk about that crush thing just now. The last thing he wants to do is scare Khannie away with that kind of talk.

"...Catching up." He finishes somewhat weakly. He's... not entirely sure where else to go from there. None of the obvious follow-ups were much less awkward.

[11 On The Edge]

"Micah, Micah, Micah." Aikobaz shakes her head and wags her finger tauntingly. "You see that number over my head? You see how it's not zero? You know what that means? This duel isn't over yet!"

The empress cackles as she pulls a card from her deck, adds it to her hand, and immediately switches over to another, slapping it down onto her side of the field. "Get ready for a queen after my own heart... I summon Maha Vailo, in attack position!"

No sooner are the words out of her mouth than the monster she chose materializes on the field, a serene-looking mage with large, bladed pauldrons, sitting cross-legged and meditating.

Aikobaz frowns and rests her cheek against her hand. "Huh. Would you look at that. Only 1550 attack power. Sending something like that up against your monsters... I have to be crazy, right?" She grins and flicks one of her face-down cards face-up. "Except for this! I activate Metalmorph, targeting Maha Vailo! That's an additional 300 attack... along with half the attack power of whatever she targets." She grins. "Which means Nekroz is done for! Maha Vailo, Sacred Lightning!"

The mage raises her hands as a coat of metal runs over her body, the skies opening up just long enough to allow a bolt of lightning to drop into her hands, before throwing it straight at Micah's monster.

Turn 11, Battle Phase

Monsters:
Maha Vailo [1550 ATK (3500)/ 1400 DEF]

Spells/Traps:
-Wave-Motion Cannon (3)
-Metalmorph (Equipped to Maha Vailo)
[???]

Graveyard:
-Final Countdown
-Kunai With Chain
-Mystical Elf
-Raigeki
-Magician of Faith

Monsters:
Left-Hand Shark [1300 ATK / 1500 DEF]

Spells/Traps:

Graveyard:
-Night Beam
-Gunkan Suship Shari
-Little-Winguard
-D. D. Trainer
-Preparation of Rites
-Nekroz of Brionac

Last edited by Ironsmith on Nov 01, 2022 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Gold
Old Fart Poster

Post by Gold »

[It Goes All The Way Up To 11]

Micah smiles and places a finger on his face-down card."I wouldn't have attacked you with a low-power monster like Left-Hand Shark unless I had a plan for defense."

He flips the card face up. "Fortunately, I did! Negate Attack!"

A red swirling vortex appears in front of Nekroz of Areadbhair, wiping out Maha Vailo's ball of lightning.

"Well, then. Do you end your turn?"
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Wizardry Practice]

"Hey good luck!" Khannie calls after Kol. Not that he needs it, right? Luck is his whole thing, apparently.

That and summoning fish?

The heck was up with that, anyway? Was he seriously going to trout-slap Arthfael for upsetting him? Probably not a good idea to goad Kol to find out.

Khannie takes in a deep breath, then exhales slowly. Mostly just to settle herself down. It isn't like she has to breath or anything.

"A crush, huh?" Khannie replies, utterly dashing all hopes of avoiding that topic. "That's why you asked my uncle if I talked about you at home."

Hopefully Arthfael isn't utterly mortified and collapses into a mindless cloud of hungry mist in reaction.

"I kinda figured it out already. I..." a pause here. She still isn't sure how SHE feels about it. What's that fluttery feeling mean? Does she like him too? Is she just nervous? Is it that zigzagoon she caught and life drained to death for lunch? She isn't totally sure. But, in the end, she settles with, "I think that's cool. You're a cool guy to be liked by."

Is... that it?

Should she say anything else?

If she tells him she's just looking at him as a friend she'll be crushing his hopes and dreams. If she says she likes him too-

Does she?

Thinking Kol was cute was almost definitely Fortuna messing with her to sow discord. Her feelings towards Arthfael aren't intense like that. But she doesn't feel like she does around Arthfael around her other friends, either.

Okay. Time to stop dithering and be hasty. Both feet, all in. Being an indecisive dweeb is NOT Khannie's style and she isn't falling into that junk.

"You're a pretty cool guy to like, too," Khannie adds, sitting up a little straighter to look as aloof and cool as usual.
Last edited by Rebonack on Nov 02, 2022 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Dragon Disguise Hunting
Mary sighs. "Did it ever occur to you to just ask? Not for the Raiment, it's not safe for it to be out of my sight, but there are so many ways to magical power out there!" She shakes her head. "You look like you want me to curse you, just so you'll have something," she sees right through Aiko, "But I can't do it. There needs to be a personal connection, or it won't stick. And even if it worked, I'm not that strong. I don't know what curses I'd even be able to inflict." She gets back on track. "Now, did you actually use it for anything or did you realize what you'd done as soon as you got it?"
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

bc56 wrote: Nov 02, 2022 7:19 am Dragon Disguise Hunting
Mary sighs. "Did it ever occur to you to just ask? Not for the Raiment, it's not safe for it to be out of my sight, but there are so many ways to magical power out there!" She shakes her head. "You look like you want me to curse you, just so you'll have something," she sees right through Aiko, "But I can't do it. There needs to be a personal connection, or it won't stick. And even if it worked, I'm not that strong. I don't know what curses I'd even be able to inflict." She gets back on track. "Now, did you actually use it for anything or did you realize what you'd done as soon as you got it?"

"I did a little poking and prodding, but no, I didn't get an opportunity to actually use it." Aikobaz frowns. "...So, you're telling me you can't actually curse me? Isn't that interesting." The empress puts a hand on Mary's shoulder.

Yoink!

Rebonack wrote: Nov 01, 2022 10:24 pm [Wizardry Practice]

"Hey good luck!" Khannie calls after Kol. Not that he needs it, right? Luck is his whole thing, apparently.

That and summoning fish?

The heck was up with that, anyway? Was he seriously going to trout-slap Arthfael for upsetting him? Probably not a good idea to goad Kol to find out.

Khannie takes in a deep breath, then exhales slowly. Mostly just to settle herself down. It isn't like she has to breath or anything.

"A crush, huh?" Khannie replies, utterly dashing all hopes of avoiding that topic. "That's why you asked my uncle if I talked about you at home."

Hopefully Arthfael isn't utterly mortified and collapses into a mindless cloud of hungry mist in reaction.

"I kinda figured it out already. I..." a pause here. She still isn't sure how SHE feels about it. What's that fluttery feeling mean? Does she like him too? Is she just nervous? Is it that zigzagoon she caught and life drained to death for lunch? She isn't totally sure. But, in the end, she settles with, "I think that's cool. You're a cool guy to be liked by."

Is... that it?

Should she say anything else?

If she tells him she's just looking at him as a friend she'll be crushing his hopes and dreams. If she says she likes him too-

Does she?

Thinking Kol was cute was almost definitely Fortuna messing with her to sow discord. Her feelings towards Arthfael aren't intense like that. But she doesn't feel like she does around Arthfael around her other friends, either.

Okay. Time to stop dithering and be hasty. Both feet, all in. Being an indecisive dweeb is NOT Khannie's style and she isn't falling into that junk.

"You're a pretty cool guy to like, too," Khannie adds, sitting up a little straighter to look as aloof and cool as usual.
[Wizardry Practice]

"...Are you..."

Arthfael stops short of actually asking for confirmation. This... that can't be right, can it? Khannie's never really liked him all that much before. Sure, they've had a few moments of genuine friendship, but she's never really been all that affectionate. Not in that sense, at least.

...Has she?

Gold wrote: Nov 01, 2022 10:09 pm [It Goes All The Way Up To 11]

Micah smiles and places a finger on his face-down card."I wouldn't have attacked you with a low-power monster like Left-Hand Shark unless I had a plan for defense."

He flips the card face up. "Fortunately, I did! Negate Attack!"

A red swirling vortex appears in front of Nekroz of Areadbhair, wiping out Maha Vailo's ball of lightning.

"Well, then. Do you end your turn?"
[11 in Denial]

"W-What?!" Aikobaz stops and stares. "But you just set that! You can't activate it already! ...Can you?"

One of the audience members quietly hands her a rulebook, which she leafs through for a moment before her face settles into a frown. "...Seriously?! I never would have... ugh." She waves her hand disgustedly. "Fine. I'll end my turn, then. Your move."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Dragon Disguise Hunting
Well. "How did you get to be empress of anywhere if you keep doing stupid things like that!?" Mary pounces after Aiko (if she has any sense she should be surrendering or fleeing now). "I am a dragon, you're just lucky I'm not also a murderer!" It would be trivially easy for her to just breathe fire and incinerate the would-be thief.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Wizardry Practice]

Oh hey.

Arthfaelis being kind of sputtery and surprised.

Yeah, that's about what Khannie was thinking would happen.

"Of course I am, you doofus," Khannie replies with her typical friendly barbs. "At first I thought you were just kind of sulky and annoying but you're way cooler than that. You had a bunch of really bad stuff happen to you so I guess the attitude makes sense. Everyone copes different. But after seeing you stand up for what you thought was right when you go the chance, that impressed me. You wanted to help me out. You knew it would be hard and dangerous but you did it anyway and that really means something. That makes you cool."

Taking a stand for good is the BEST way to be cool. And being cool is pretty important in Khannie's book.

"So, like, you like me. And I like you. So I wouldn't mind being your girlfriend if you're okay with it."

Bam.

The words have been uttered and now they can't be taken back.

Several students nearby go "Ooooooooo!" and begin discussing the new ship amongst themselves. Khannie shoots them a venomous look for their trouble.

...seriously?

Khannie heaves a long-suffering sigh and whispers to the green girl's shadow, enticing it to lash around her and leave her hopelessly tangled up as she starts trying to run away. This is pretty basic shadow-sorcery stuff. The kind of thing Khannie is REALLY good at.

"It's the protagonist thing. Some kids are so used to winning they haven't dealt with people on their own level. Makes 'em do dumb stuff."

Especially when it comes to pranks.