PREP Highschool

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Re: PREP Highschool

Post by Rebonack »

[Introductory Collisions]

Khannie, being a decent human being (or at least pretty good at pretending to be one) stoops down and helps gather the fallen papers up. "Haven't you seen how much students smack into each other around here?" she asks, gesturing at a student wearing the uniform over his armor like a tabard who's busy admiring himself in a hand mirror walk right into a shy bookish looking girl who has talking to her stuffed eldritch octopus plush.

It is, of course, an immediate friendship right then and there.

"It happens all the time. Some dumb destiny thing or whatever. Basically means we've gotta be friends or rivals or at least get stuck in a group project together."

What a horrid destiny to be saddled with.

Tags:
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

The mystery student is slow at collecting the papers, only letting their left hand out from under their cloak and thus having an increasing number of papers in her way. So it's extra-good that Khannie is helping, instead of just standing there laughing.
"Ahhh-" "No." "First. Day. Here."
After straightening up to look at the armored boy and the octopus girl,

"O-k" "What. Do. You. Do. Ri-val. ?"

You can't just be friends with someone right away like that, so it must be the other thing.
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

"Oh. You musta transferred in, then? Otherwise you woulda heard about all this stuff in the orientations," Khannie reports as she offers the gathered papers back to the newcomer.

Then?

She gets declared a RIVAL!

Which is kind of exciting, maybe?

She really hasn't had one of those before.

Probably because she hasn't ever really gotten involved with pokemon training. From what she understands human pokemon trainers almost ALWAYS end up with a rival nipping at their heels on their journey to become a pokemon master.

Well! At that Khannie stands up a little straighter!

"I'm a shadow illusion prodigy! And I've got digimon partner, too. So that's TWO things I'm a protagonist in," Khannie announces proudly. "I've been thinking about getting some goggles-"

She makes a goggle gesture with her hands over her eyes.

"Since digidestined protagonists usually have those since eye protection is important."

No one likes getting sharp things in their eyes.

"What about you? What did they let you in here for?"
Gold
Old Fart Poster
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Gold »

[Snakeless Lunch]

Micah's expression grows shocked when Aikobaz reveals she hasn't heard of a Duel Disk. Taking all his effort not to spit out his drink, he stutters "W-What!? I-I thought--y-you d-didn't--h-how-have -y..."

He shakes his head and recollects himself slightly. "D-don't worry... I-I'll borrow y-you one f-from my brother's l-locker."

Addressing the rest of the table, he says "Uhh... I-I'll be right b-back." before dashing off and down the corridors to find the aformentioned locker.
Last edited by Gold on Oct 26, 2022 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
TASBot TALBot Solenoid Changer
"You monster!" -Gold Elemental - The Order of the Stick
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

"Yes." Khannie pretty much summed up how it was supposed to have gone and how it actually went instead.

To be honest, the rival hasn't had a rival before either. You could maybe count that time back when they first started school, back before all the protagonist stuff. But that was so long ago now. This is a proper high school level rival, which is different.

So this kid does shadow illusions? Like Ekorak did back home(?)? That's definitely the hand of destiny at work.
She stands up a bit taller as well, leaning a bit to the left. Given the Cloak of Mystery, you could almost say the rival was looming over the poor pokemon human.

"Said. High. Marks. In. Mad-Bi-Ol-O-Gy. And. Psy-Chic. Uh. Things."
"What's. Di-gi-mon. Part-ner. ?"

As for goggles, they point at Khannie's eye gesture and nod. Eye protection is important.
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

bc56 wrote: Oct 25, 2022 2:35 am Dragon Disguise Hunting
Mary shrugs with her front shoulders. "It's connected to me. It uses my power to function. So I know where it is, if I concentrate. I don't think I could be tricked..." If a copy of that metaphysical essence of Mary that was used to make the raiment was somehow placed on Gaudia, that would explain it. But that would be very difficult to get, so there must be a different explanation. "If someone did do something to make it seem like she had it, who? And how? Or maybe she picked it up without realizing? Did you find anything strange recently? Clothing, or a piece of jewelry?"
Rebonack wrote: Oct 25, 2022 3:11 am [Dragon Disguise Hunting]

But that isn't until- that didn't happen yet it's still-

Oh come on, why be such a stickler over something as BORING as linear time? Where's the fun in that? Live a little! Break the spacetime continuum! Do the impossible! Shove some fish in your ear! It's all in good fun.

Okay now Khannie's teeth REALLY itch. Fortuna is absolutely up to SOMETHING but she has no idea what.

Then she leans back when the gengar gets up in her face.

"Uh."

Wait, how could he tell? She's really good at this stuff. Maybe he- Oh. Duh. She can understand them talking. Someone who uses illusions? Who can understand pokemon talk? Who can use human speech while being human? Assuming Casper knows his stuff that shouldn't have been TOO hard to put it all together.

"Uuhh... hello. Ghost pokemon guy. That's a big grin you got," Khannie replies somewhat lamely. It probably seems kind of odd, listening to a girl replying to a bunch of pokemon making pokemon noises at her, but she figures she's playing it off pretty well. She drops her volume a bit and adds a few more syllables that consists of
(zoroark noises).
<Not everyone knows, okay? I got some of the same problems Gaudia does with trainers bugging me. My disguise just isn't garbage.>

As in it is a bit more advanced than 'literally just some baggy clothing'.

<We can chat if you want but, uh, not a great time?>

Given that they are kind of dealing with a crisis right now.

Then?

Khannie gives Gaudia an apologetic look. "Sorry, I think we're gunna have to dig through your pack. Mary is SURE you've got the thing on you. Not saying you stole anything! I believe you, you seem kinda clueless, no offense. But I'm thinking you musta grabbed something without knowing what it was."
[Dragon Disguise Hunting]

Gaudia frowns at that and gives Mary a little glare. She told them already that she didn't pick up anything! This girl really wants to search her backpack? Fine! Then she'll just unzip it real quick and show that she absolutely does not-

...have the incriminating evidence sitting right there on top of her books.

Gaudia recoils away from her rucksack, hands flying to her mouth. That's not hers!

"...(Yeah, you're right, kid. Real not-great time.)" The Gengar agrees with Khannie, looking on at the scene with a slightly-less-broad grin.

"(What in tarnation...?)"

"(All right, who's the soon-to-be-splatter that framed my friend?)"

"(Wow. Just when I thought the day couldn't get any worse.)"

The Ralts and the Pelipper are both silent on the matter, just staring at the collar with expressions of shock and confusion, not in that order.
Rebonack wrote: Oct 25, 2022 3:11 am [Wizardry Practice]

Come on Arthfael they even have the same text color. It's pretty obvious.

Khannie just gives her head a nod, "Zor."

That was probably a yes.

"I'll take all that as a compliment, obviously I'm the coolest, bravest, strongest, most selfless, and probably most humble person you know," she says, looking as haughty as she possibly can muster. That was pretty obviously a joke. "But seriously, that's kinda sweet. I thought... I dunno. Dunno what I thought. Probably wasn't thinking much. So nah, I'm not mad. You said you had to, like, make the personality then it goes from there, right? Who WOULDN'T want a minion that stands up for their friends. It's cool that you thought of me."

Khannie still isn't sure how real of a 'person' the drawings are. They sure SEEM real.

So!

Girls are mysterious. And everyone misreads everyone else. Most of the time. That's one of the problems with not voicing how you're feeling. Or being unsure of how to voice how you're feeling.

"So since I don't wanna get clonked with a shield again you wanna do something else? I've been practicing fire spells and I think I've got the idea. They're kinda garbage compared to some of the other things I can do NORMALLY but this is about learning for the fun of it, not some dumb power trip. Can you do those enchanting tricks with something ephemeral? Like fire? Or has it gotta be something that sticks around?"

Oh no Khannie has ideas.
Keeper wrote: Oct 26, 2022 3:04 am Wizardry Practice

Wow there sure are a lot of fighty noises coming from this part of the hall is someone doing that cool combat wizardry Kol's heard about?
A very large purple dragon pokes his head in and looks around as he lumbers in.
"Khannie? Is that you?" it certainly sounded like her. Kol was trying to practice his SORCERY but so far it's not going well. He can't make stuff move or light up or any of the other basic spells.
[Wizardry Practice]

Arthfael gives Khannie a hesitant, slightly dopey smile as Khannie takes the news surprisingly well. He even laughs a little at her joke. A little. He doesn't want her to think he's laughing at her instead of with her.

Heh.

Heh.

Ha.

Heh.

Okay, that's enough. Let's not get crazy.

"...Enchanting a fire? That's..." Arthfael runs over the concept in his head. "...I mean, I guess it's possible. There's still something there, which should suffice as a body, but if it suddenly stops having one, we might, um, accidentally make a poltergeist or something." He runs his hands over each other as he prepares to explain what happens if things trend in the opposite direction, but that's when the dragon he's never seen before pokes his head in and immediately demands Khannie's attention.
Earl of Purple wrote: Oct 24, 2022 5:39 pm Snekless Lunch

"My father will come by to pick me up at seventeen hundred and forty hours on Friday. Is this acceptable? I can ask him now if I can take an acquaintance with me." Hopefully Guardia is familiar with the twenty-four hour clock and can work out the time from that.
Gold wrote: Oct 26, 2022 4:45 am [Snakeless Lunch]

Micah's expression grows shocked when Aikobaz reveals she hasn't heard of a Duel Disk. Taking all his effort not to spit out his drink, he stutters "W-What!? I-I thought--y-you d-didn't--h-how-have -y..."

He shakes his head and recollects himself slightly. "D-don't worry... I-I'll borrow y-you one f-from my brother's l-locker."

Addressing the rest of the table, he says "Uhh... I-I'll be right b-back." before dashing off and down the corridors to find the aformentioned locker.
[Déjeuner sans le Snek]

"Hey! Wait for me!" Aikobaz calls, darting off after him. Maybe not strictly necessary, but she does want to keep her lack of dueling knowledge on the down-low. Having people around to witness the hand-off of a duel disk would work counter to that. At least if she goes with him, she can control how many witnesses there are.

Gaudia, meanwhile, needs a minute to figure out what clock Synthia's using, but thankfully, the pokedex's app can switch them at a touch of the button and she can quickly set up an appointment. The Gardevoir smiles at Synthia and flashes her a thumbs-up. It's a date!
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Dragon Disguise Hunting
Mary snatches up the collar with her talons and slips it around her neck. Then she transforms (finally) back into her humanoid self, the collar extending into a full school uniform to cover her. "That's better. If you didn't put that there, who did?" At least she doesn't seem all that angry anymore.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Lunchless Snake

"Father has said it is fine. Do not eat anything for fifteen minutes before the trip and if you get travel sick, keep your eyes closed whilst we are in transit." Synthia raises her hand and gives the pokemon a thumbs-up in response.

Date set! Though probably not much of a date, since Synthia's dad will be there the whole time, and Synthia's going to be partially disassembled for upgrades, and Guardia might not be attracted to violence-obsessed cyborgs. And Synthia's not aware of what she's attracted to because on some level she doesn't see herself as attractable.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

Okay, cool, they seem like they're on the same page.

So yeah!

Talking skills.

And looming.

Khannie is just a bit over five feet tall so she unconsciously stands up straighter and does her best to look tough in the face of the looming. Khannie is, after all, not the sort to back down. Even over something as simple as really passive body language.

"So mad science stuff and psychic stuff? That's really cool! One of my dad's friends is a psychic. Uh... haven't had great experiences with mad biology since that's usually a villain thing but I bet you can do some cool stuff with it!"

Definitely!

Probably.

"Oh, right, duh. I'm Khannie Vallarm Who're you?"

And important exchange of information.

"Digimon are like these... machine spirit things, sort of? My digimon classes aren't that clear on exactly what they are. Pretty sure they don't actually know. Basically it means I don't need an anti-virus program for my computer since my partner takes care of that. You wanna say hi to him?" Khannie asks, brandishing her overly fancy looking smart watch at the MYSTERIOUS CLOAKED PERSON.

Okay yeah.

That was absolutely a look of shock from Gaudia. Either she's really great actor (Khannie is guessing NO on that one) or she honestly didn't expect to find the collar in there. So...

How the heck did it end up in her bag?

"Probably doesn't matter," Khannie concludes with a shrug. "Some student pranking both of you? You got it back so who cares."

Problem solved and mystery ignored! Khannie cross her arms in her typical cool 'we're done here' sort of way. Then she adds as a mumbled aside-
"(Zoroark noises.)"
<Don't call me 'kid'.>

Obviously it gets under her skin! She isn't a child OR a goat. And she is definitely not a squid. Though chances are the gengar is older than she is. Given that the ghastly line baaaaasically consists of pokemon that perished of old age. Maybe probably? Like Khannie has lamented before, ghost types are weird. Who knows what the deal with them actually is.

[Wizardy Practice]

Okay cool that's some good info.

So Arthfael's magic can't just make stuff outta whole cloth like Khannie can conjure illusions. That's actually good to know! If they ever do patrols together it'll be important to know each other's limitations. They both have specializations, yeah, but those specializations are a grab bag of utility that can be used for lots of different stuff. Flexibility is often its own power when it comes to chaotic situations where you don't know what you'll be running into.

Khannie's about to ask another question but suddenly PURPLE DRAGON.

Oh Arceus above WHY does Kol's dragon form still make her react like this? That dumb dragon thing Fortuna did got BUSTED so WHY is this still happening?

In half panic Khannie yanks some shadows off the floor and hastily weaves them into her human disguise while somehow making the process look really slick and cool. The moment of obscuring gives her a chance to get her emotions mostly in check. "Oh sup Kol how's it going? You just caught me practicing my illusions and stuff," she says, a paragon of casual. She turns to Arthfael, getting her eyes off Kol for a few blessed moments. "That's Kol; he's my roommate's boyfriend. Sorta? He's kinda clueless so I don't know if he's noticed yet."

Hah!

There!

That'll throw a wet blanket FOR SURE on her stupid emotions getting riled up about Kol.
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

Dragon Disguise Hunting

"They probably stole it, saw us coming, and disposed of the evidence in the nearest person's bag. Which happened to be hers." Kol suggests. Sounds like it's been resolved no matter how it happened.

Wizardry Practice

Oh hey it is Khannie-
Who throws him under the bus immediately to her COOL NEW FRIEND. Great.
"Khannie! We are not dating! I'm thirteen and we just got lost on a flying island together once."
Kol looks pretty stung but approaches them anyway.
"I'm Kol." he says to Arthfael.
Gold
Old Fart Poster

Post by Gold »

[A Short Break from a Lunch Short on Snakes]

On the way to the lockers, Micah takes a glance behind him and notices Aikobaz. He just nods, having realised that she probably doesn't want people to see him giving her the Duel Disk.

Micah stops once they get to a group of 4 lockers on the corridor. The third one is blue, whereas the others are grey, indicating this locker is probably a point of interest.

Indeed, Micah opens the locker quite easily (the combination was 1 2 3 4) to reveal its contents: a handwritten note saying 'propperty of SAMSON CARDCAPTOR - tresspasers will be THRONE' a Buster Sword, some books, an opaque box labeled (also handwritten) "Hair Sharpining Kit",a few portable weights, a deck of trading cards, and most importantly, a Duel Disk.

Micah will hand the Duel Disk over to Aikobaz, saying "J-just slide it over y-your, uh, left wrist a-and pump your f-fist, and i-it'll activate."
► SHOW SPOILER
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

Earl of Purple wrote: Oct 22, 2022 10:50 am Snek Lunch

"Oh, I'm doing philosophy. I'll see you in that one, probably. The teacher's good; this floaty moonfolk with long ears. She said once she's allergic to the floor, but... I don't think that's true." But it's possible, since she doesn't touch the floor ever.
[Snek Lunch]

"Oh cool, I guess I'll see you there. I think that class is tomorrow? I don't really remember my schedule." Natharia says. She's got a schedule posted in her locker... hopefully she remembers the combination. "I'm going to have to get used to all this. I never really went to a school like this before."
~Images by Soushiyo
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Snek Lunch

"That's OK, neither do I half the time. And I've got no head for directions in a building like this. If it weren't for my grandfather's axe, I'd never get anywhere." Hopefully that's not much of a problem for Natharia.
"I was homeschooled a bit, too. It... really wasn't like this, at all. My parents are nomads; I'm a boarder, and spend some time at my Gran's. She lives in the city." He learnt how to ride several different animals, start a fire, hunt, and kill that way, and his father made sure he knew how to read and write too, and he picked up a couple languages. English and Orcish, mostly, and absolutely hideous but understandable Gnome.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Lunch Without Snakes]

Guadia nods. She doesn't know what she's in for with that trip, but she'll follow the instructions given when the time comes. But for now, lunch is drawing to a close, and she has classes to attend. She gives Synthia a little nod and smiles. She'll see Synthia again then.

[Duels Without Stakes]

Aikobaz cocks her head to the side as she takes in the contents of the locker, visibly disgusted by the atrocious spelling errors among Samson's possessions. Ugh.

Fortunately, she gets some relief from that as Micah presents her with a duel disk. "Put on my wrist, pump my fist... so like this?"

rioo~

pn-chka!

Aikobaz starts as the disk whirrs into position, the various parts whirring and clicking together to form a cohesive play surface, while the counter on the side gives a little chirp as it sets itself to the customary number of life points.

"...Neat." Aikobaz comments appreciatively, turning the disk over on her arm. "It's an interesting accessory, but playing an actual duel on one of these seems... impractical."

Who cares? Who cares?

Gaudia crosses her arms and shakes her head. If Khannie's right and somebody slipped that collar in her backpack, she was this close to getting into some serious trouble over a stupid, stupid prank! Even if the angry dragon didn't run her down, somebody involved probably still would have eventually reported her to the principal, and then she's looking at detention, maybe even suspension, and a permanent mark on her record for stealing, when she's done nothing of the sort! She still wants to know who framed her and why.

"(Sorry. Everybody's a kid to me.)" Casper chips in for Khannie, not seeming to quite pick up on the gravity of the moment.

[Wizardry Practice]

How could he be her boyfriend and not know it? What sort of oblivious idiot would this... very large and very intimidating dragon have to be?

Actually, he won't dwell on that. He's not exactly any less oblivious. Maybe. Is he?

Right. For now, he'll focus on making a good first impression.

"I'm... I'm Ar-Ar-Ar-Ar-" He stammers, not quite managing to get his own name out.

He's a seal, apparently.

...Where's Peekay when he needs her?

"Hey there." The paladin gives Kol a friendly punch on the shoulder as she saunters back into the room, carrying a pair of snocones. "Sorry about earlier. You want the watermelon or the snozzberry?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

Rebonack wrote: Oct 26, 2022 1:43 pmOkay, cool, they seem like they're on the same page.

So yeah!
Talking skills.

And looming.
Khannie is just a bit over five feet tall so she unconsciously stands up straighter and does her best to look tough in the face of the looming. Khannie is, after all, not the sort to back down. Even over something as simple as really passive body language.

"So mad science stuff and psychic stuff? That's really cool! One of my dad's friends is a psychic. Uh... haven't had great experiences with mad biology since that's usually a villain thing but I bet you can do some cool stuff with it!"

Definitely!
Probably.
"Oh, right, duh. I'm Khannie Vallarm Who're you?"

And important exchange of information.
"Digimon are like these... machine spirit things, sort of? My digimon classes aren't that clear on exactly what they are. Pretty sure they don't actually know. Basically it means I don't need an anti-virus program for my computer since my partner takes care of that. You wanna say hi to him?" Khannie asks, brandishing her overly fancy looking smart watch at the MYSTERIOUS CLOAKED PERSON.
The MYSTERY RIVAL is solidly more than five feet tall, so she's able to look down at her illusionary rival despite her awkward stance, showing one glowing orange eye from beneath the hood of the CLOAK OF MYSTERY.

"What. Makes. It. A. Vil-lain. Thing. ?" she demands.

This implication can't stand! This is an attack on a fine protagonisty field!

"Oh. I. Am. Called. Vix."

The rival leans in a bit to look at the watch.

"Yes. Hi. Di-gi-mon. Part-ner."

If Khannie has a machine spirit computer and a fancy watch and a digi-partner, that makes her a pretty formidable rival, huh?
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Wizardry Practice]

Wait.

Did Kol just get upset by that? Like... it actually hurt his feelings? Because she said he's kind of oblivious for not noticing that Mary likes him? Wow. Kol's coolness factor just dropped three points, easy. Khannie provides playful ribbing to pretty much all of her friends and if Kol can't handle even the MILDEST of ribbing then yeah Mary can totally have him, cute or not.

She hasn't even called him a dork yet.

"The dorky arbok here is Arthfael," Khannie clarifies, jerking a thumb at the vampire next to her. "Geeze, have you really not noticed that Mary likes you? Like... LIKES you likes you? She started getting catty with me when she thought that I might be into you."

Only half a lie. She was definitely into Kol in an obnoxious infatuation sort of way. She's currently trying to beat those feelings to death with a shovel and APPEARS to be succeeding. Hopefully making Mary's feelings clear will do it, because Kol sure as heck wasn't going to figure it out on his own.

And then the knight returns! Is she talking to Khannie? Or to Arthfael? Until she's sure Khannie doesn't respond right away. Though she DOES eye the berry-snocone suspiciously. That sounds like some kind of pokemon berry to her.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

Wow.

This (kid?) is pretty creepy.

Cloak and glowing eye combo will usually do that, in Khannie's experience.

But hey they asked a pretty good question right?

Right.

"Umm... Well, I dunno. I can't really think of any heroes that do mad biology? Usually mad biologists are making mindless mutant minions or accidentally turning themselves into giant bugs or lizards or something. I guess... hmm... Komodo, maybe? She's a pretty minor super hero I think she was only in like a couple books then everyone forgot about her," Khannie replies thoughtfully. "Maybe it's because people feel like messing with living things instead of making machines or whatever is kind of icky? But maybe you can find a way to make mad biology cool and heroic!"

Maybe!

Never know unless you try, right?

"Vix, huh? That's a cool name."

Even sounds pretty cape-y all on its own.

The view of the watch will display-
-well, that depends on what Sirius is up to at the moment.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Dragon Disguise Hunting
Mary doesn't look satisfied by Khannie's response. "No, I want to know who did it," she declares angrily. She doesn't like that someone messed with her in such an embarrassing way and then managed to send her on a wild goose chase after a completely innocent girl.
She has no idea that Gaudia is hiding any other secrets. Sure, she looks strange, but so do most of the students here. Mary has no idea what a Gardevoir is.
Gold
Old Fart Poster

Post by Gold »

[Duel Disk Get!]

"Y-Yeah, but you're f-forgetting the best part," Micah says, excitedly. "P-Put a card in one of the, um, M-Monster Zones, and watch wh-what happens!" he adds, taking a step back.

If Aikobaz does slot in a Monster card, a three-dimensional hologram of the monster she chose will appear in front of her. "Great, r-right?" Micah will say.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Duel Imminent]

Of course Aikobaz follows his advice. And immediately, there's an image of a swarthy elf in front of her, one of her delicate hands at her side and the other coyly pressed against her lips.

"Extraordinary." Aikobaz breathes, running her hand through the image of the Dark Elf. "I believe I'm starting to see the appeal of these 'duel disks'." She smiles. "I can hardly wait to see them used in a duel... but I suppose I must. For Synthia's sake."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Wizardry Practice

"Hi Ar-Ar. If you're one of Khannie's friends you must be super cool." Kol chimes cheerily, giving Arthfael the dragon equivalent of a punch on the shoulder which is getting gently poked by his huge dragony nose.
Then Khannie speaks up, and several things click into place.
Unfortunately, Khannie makes several things click into place while Kol is kind of annoyed at her, and things immediately come out of his mouth that shouldn't.
"Oooooh, is that why you keep turning red every time I visit? And being weirdly confrontational whenever all three of us are in a room together? I wouldn't have pegged you as a tsundere."
Oh no.
Kol watches TV.
Has Khannie's plan to fix her infatuation by making Kol dislike her backfired by having him fire back right in front of her other friend?
"I'll talk to Mary. I don't date. I'm thirteen."
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Wizardry Practice]

Why does everyone feel the need to hit Arthfael when they meet him? Does he just have a very punchable/dragon-boopable arm or something?

Of course, the young vampire very quickly stops caring about that. "...Wait, come again?"

Khannie does what around this dragon dude? And... what did he just call her?

Presumably something quite rude. And Arthfael can't abide that.

"...You're going to want to take that back, lizard boy." The strigoi's eyes narrow, giving Kol an unholy glare.

"Ah, geez, here we go." The paladin sighs, setting the snocones aside. Nobody's going to get the chance to eat those in the near future.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Wizardry Practice]

Oh hey Khannie's face is turning red again.

Just by Kol bringing all that stuff up! Like a magic trick or something.

One thing she doesn't know, though, is what tsundere means. That word is totally unfamiliar to her. Probably because the sorts of weird cartoons it gets used in aren't the sort that Khannie was ever very interested in. She though the ones with the giant robots and stuff were pretty neat, but that's about it. So her impression here is pretty similar to Arthfael's, that it's some kind of insult maybe? But one having to do with having a crush on someone and being a jerk about it because you can't handle your weird teen emotions?

That's what the context seems to be, if Khannie is understanding this right.

Which...

Uh...

Okay, sure, that's actually maybe kind of accurate.

Khannie reaches out to put a hand on Arthfael's shoulder. "Chill, if I can dish it out but can't take it then that just makes me a bully," she says in a half-whisper. Then louder to Kol, "Dunno what tsundere means but I think I get the drift. You aren't into dating? Fine. Friends or whatever. But I'm not idiot enough to trip headlong into a love triangle at a protagonist school. That's just asking for trouble."

There!

Just air out all that laundry.

"What are you even doing in here, anyway?"
she presses of the dragon. "Trying to figure out if you got any dragon magic or whatever?"

This whole thing is probably going to be something so dumb.

Like discovering it was the work of a legendary prank protagonist who just does this sort of thing all the time or something stupid like that.

Khannie heaves a sigh, glancing between Gaudia and Mary. Yeah, it's pretty clear they're both dead-set on solving this mystery.

"Fine, I'll help. But we've got a basically cold trail, here,"
Khannie says, her eyes flicking to the heap of pokemon. "Unless someone here's got a better nose than me and Mary or-"

A beat. Then Khannie snorts a half laugh.

"Pfff. Or we just get really lucky," she reasons, turning to Kol. "Hey you know how to make that lucky thing work for you? Or does it just happen?"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Wizardry Practice

Kol tilts his head in confusion.
"Dish it? It's not an insult. Just a term." A term for when someone has a CRUSH on someone but acts nasty because they won't ADMIT IT and such.
Which Kol was definitely using mockingly. But like. He didn't insult her mother or something Arthfael sure is-
oh gods.

"I don't think it's a triangle at this point." It's more of a love-question-mark. With Khannie and Mary pointing at him, and Arthfael pointing at her and wow this is exactly why Kol doesn't date they are way too young for this drama.
"Yeah! Everyone says dragons have magic but I haven't figured it out. My fire went away with the dragon cough. I still have a...tingly sort of breath thing going on but it doesn't really...do anything? At least I haven't figured it out. Things just get screwy when I do it."

Dragon Disguise Hunting

Kol shuffles around. It looks really silly when he's the biggest person in the room.
"I can't really do it on command. Do you want me to just pick a direction like before?" he suggests.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Dragon Disguise Hunting
"I believe in you," Mary says.
Oh stars that's such a corny line. Romance class said to be encouraging, but that's a bit ridiculous. She blushes slightly black. But embarrassment aside, it seems like it will work, right? Kol is lucky, so if he wants the thief to be found, he should be able to find them?
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

Rebonack wrote: Oct 28, 2022 4:51 am Wow.
This (kid?) is pretty creepy.
Cloak and glowing eye combo will usually do that, in Khannie's experience.

But hey they asked a pretty good question right?
Right.

"Umm... Well, I dunno. I can't really think of any heroes that do mad biology? Usually mad biologists are making mindless mutant minions or accidentally turning themselves into giant bugs or lizards or something. I guess... hmm... Komodo, maybe? She's a pretty minor super hero I think she was only in like a couple books then everyone forgot about her," Khannie replies thoughtfully. "Maybe it's because people feel like messing with living things instead of making machines or whatever is kind of icky? But maybe you can find a way to make mad biology cool and heroic!"

Maybe!
Never know unless you try, right?

"Vix, huh? That's a cool name."
Even sounds pretty cape-y all on its own.

The view of the watch will display-
-well, that depends on what Sirius is up to at the moment.
Yeah, this is arguably a kid. But a kid a little older than Khannie.

Is that fair, for a rival? Well, it's true all the same.

Mindless mutant minions? Like the monsters she's fought against, who, to be fair, are also the products of mad biology...
"Not. A-bout. Turn-ing. In-to. Li-zards."
"It's. A-bout. Un-der-stand-ing. Life. With. You. Know. Your. ahh. Heart."

Komodo, huh? That might be someone to look up. Khannie is right though. It is kind of icky. Lots of blood, disastrous substances with weird textures...

"You. Think. You're. Go-ing. To. Be. A. He-ro. Sort. Of. Pro-tag-on-ist. ?"

Hmm, this watch just looks like a fancy watch. No sign of a digital partner heroic sidekick guy.
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

Totally sure that we're talking about a kid?

What if they're a squid?

"Oh, good, getting turned into a lizard sucks," Khannie says. It's a good thing they're both on the same page with that one. "I guess understanding life is a pretty cool thing. I don't really know a lot about that stuff, though. But there are lots of different sorts of heroes who are good at different stuff."

Different stuff is important.

And then questions about heroing?

Khannie strikes a very heroic pose!

"Yeah! Totally! I've already got some hero experience so obviously I'm going to be a hero protagonist!"

Also?

"I think Sirius might be snoozing? Maybe he'll wake up later."
Gold
Old Fart Poster

Post by Gold »

[Duel Ya Later, Alligator...'s Sword]

Micah nods. "Y-Yeah, Synthia is g-uh, gonna love this. Speaking of which, w-we should, uh, head back to lunch."

He then shuts Samson's locker and relocks it, before turning to head back to the lunch hall.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Gold wrote: Oct 28, 2022 6:47 pm [Duel Ya Later, Alligator...'s Sword]

Micah nods. "Y-Yeah, Synthia is g-uh, gonna love this. Speaking of which, w-we should, uh, head back to lunch."

He then shuts Samson's locker and relocks it, before turning to head back to the lunch hall.
[Not The Dark Magician Girl He's Expecting]

Aikobaz gives Micah a little smile and deactivates the disk. "Excellent. I will see you after school. You and your... friend." She glances down at the buckle before looking back up at Micah and giving him a little peck on the cheek. "Farewell for now, Cardcaptor."

And with that, she turns and leaves, not to see him or Synthia again until after classes end later that day.

Rebonack wrote: Oct 28, 2022 2:13 pm [Wizardry Practice]

Oh hey Khannie's face is turning red again.

Just by Kol bringing all that stuff up! Like a magic trick or something.

One thing she doesn't know, though, is what tsundere means. That word is totally unfamiliar to her. Probably because the sorts of weird cartoons it gets used in aren't the sort that Khannie was ever very interested in. She though the ones with the giant robots and stuff were pretty neat, but that's about it. So her impression here is pretty similar to Arthfael's, that it's some kind of insult maybe? But one having to do with having a crush on someone and being a jerk about it because you can't handle your weird teen emotions?

That's what the context seems to be, if Khannie is understanding this right.

Which...

Uh...

Okay, sure, that's actually maybe kind of accurate.

Khannie reaches out to put a hand on Arthfael's shoulder. "Chill, if I can dish it out but can't take it then that just makes me a bully," she says in a half-whisper. Then louder to Kol, "Dunno what tsundere means but I think I get the drift. You aren't into dating? Fine. Friends or whatever. But I'm not idiot enough to trip headlong into a love triangle at a protagonist school. That's just asking for trouble."

There!

Just air out all that laundry.

"What are you even doing in here, anyway?"
she presses of the dragon. "Trying to figure out if you got any dragon magic or whatever?"

This whole thing is probably going to be something so dumb.

Like discovering it was the work of a legendary prank protagonist who just does this sort of thing all the time or something stupid like that.

Khannie heaves a sigh, glancing between Gaudia and Mary. Yeah, it's pretty clear they're both dead-set on solving this mystery.

"Fine, I'll help. But we've got a basically cold trail, here,"
Khannie says, her eyes flicking to the heap of pokemon. "Unless someone here's got a better nose than me and Mary or-"

A beat. Then Khannie snorts a half laugh.

"Pfff. Or we just get really lucky," she reasons, turning to Kol. "Hey you know how to make that lucky thing work for you? Or does it just happen?"
Keeper wrote: Oct 28, 2022 2:56 pm Wizardry Practice

Kol tilts his head in confusion.
"Dish it? It's not an insult. Just a term." A term for when someone has a CRUSH on someone but acts nasty because they won't ADMIT IT and such.
Which Kol was definitely using mockingly. But like. He didn't insult her mother or something Arthfael sure is-
oh gods.

"I don't think it's a triangle at this point." It's more of a love-question-mark. With Khannie and Mary pointing at him, and Arthfael pointing at her and wow this is exactly why Kol doesn't date they are way too young for this drama.
"Yeah! Everyone says dragons have magic but I haven't figured it out. My fire went away with the dragon cough. I still have a...tingly sort of breath thing going on but it doesn't really...do anything? At least I haven't figured it out. Things just get screwy when I do it."

Dragon Disguise Hunting

Kol shuffles around. It looks really silly when he's the biggest person in the room.
"I can't really do it on command. Do you want me to just pick a direction like before?" he suggests.
bc56 wrote: Oct 28, 2022 3:06 pm Dragon Disguise Hunting
"I believe in you," Mary says.
Oh stars that's such a corny line. Romance class said to be encouraging, but that's a bit ridiculous. She blushes slightly black. But embarrassment aside, it seems like it will work, right? Kol is lucky, so if he wants the thief to be found, he should be able to find them?
[Wizardry Practice]

Arthfael tenses for a moment when Khannie intervenes, but quickly calms down. Sort of. He's still rather huffy, but at least he doesn't look like he's about to haul off and attempt to knock out some number of Kol's teeth. She does, after all, have a point. And... well, it's sort of hard to defend her honor if she's not offended.

...Holy crap he's really thinking about defending someone's honor. Ugh. He's been spending too much time with his family.

"...So are the snocones back on?" Peekay interjects, picking up the treats again.

"...I guess so? I'll take the watermelon."

Peekay nods and hands over the snocone, before taking a seat next to Kol, crossing her arms and staring at Khannie. "...So do you guys want me to go back and get some for you, or...?" She adds, licking the cone in her hand.

"(Sorry, ki-... er, sorry.)" The Gengar interjects. "(But most of us have some pretty bad noses. Gaudia and Bits aren't exactly known for their tracking ability, I'm a ghost, and Mai smells about as well as a Zoobat sees.)"

"(Hey.)"

"(...Biff, Bria and Lola might be able to pick up a scent, though. If you've got something that smells like the thief.)" The Gengar gives Khannie a manic grin, or perhaps just a regular one... he doesn't seem to have a whole lot of control over it.

"(You can count me out. I don't see any reason to chase this thief down.)" The Lopunny adds, crossing her arms and looking away.

"(Fine by me. Biff and I are plenty capable. Isn't that right, big fella?)"

"(Uh-huh. Specially if I get to goosh her.)"

"(...Ew. Let's just focus on finding them for now.)"

With that, Gaudia holds up the pokeballs, returning four of her companions to them and looking expectantly at Khannie and Mary.

Meanwhile, if Kol does indeed set off in a random direction, he's going to find himself... going back the way they came. Maybe he missed something about the identity of the thief back here?

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Wizardry Practice]

It was still kinda sweet that Arthfael was going to stand up for Khannie, or at least Khannie thinks so.

She's tough, yeah. And not helpless for sure. But having a friend who would be willing to squire up with a dragon because he thinks the dragon insulted her? That takes some guts.

Even a dragon that's as much of a dweeb as Kol.

Anywho! Khannie gives a shrug. "Maybe you just aren't the sort of dragon that gets magic? You've got luck or whatever. It's no big deal."

At the offer of snocones Khannie waves it off. "I've got some of my own snacks, actually!"
And with that she reaches into her backpack and pulls out a little tupperware dish full of... what look like roasted tomatoes? Maybe? She opens it up and pops one in her mouth. "Anyone wanna try one?"

Khannie doesn't explain what they are.

"So me and Arthfael were talking magic before you showed up. Bouncing ideas. We've got some extracurricular and knowing how our spellcraft works together is a good idea."